I'm tired of being single

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

African_weasel

Reaction score
I've honestly tried everything. I really feel like I won't be happy until I either get the new job soon or enter a relationship if not both. I've done everything prior and have not work at all. All I get is the same old recycled honeysuckle that everyone says.The only consulars that steered off the paved road was Hayley Quinn as well as Kezia noble. I even thought about hiring one of them at some point when I was able to. I really truly feel like I need a girlfriend at this point to maintain what little I have left if any.

At first I read Harley Quinn and I though, woo no you don't want her as a dating coach. Then I realized you wrote Hayley Quinn. Guess I shouldn't have been reading Harley Quinn before reading your post. If you really feel you need a girlfriend maybe a dating coach is the way to go, not sure if they are any use but might be worth it.

yeah I thought about that too. It seems like whatever I do to change something it doesn't seem to work.

To offer a (possibly irrelevant) personal opinion, I'm rapidly discovering that proper relationships tend to just happen when you're really comfortable as a friend with someone rather than "looking" for a relationship.

I guess it depends on your natural personality. Some people feel most comfortable "dating" immediately after they meet someone and that's fine if it's your thing.

But I find if I start looking to get a "date"as opposed to just meeting someone I think is really nice and getting to know them as standard that it's easy to end up in the undesirable situation where you're neither dating nor getting friendly with anyone in a non-datey way.

(If this sounds rambly I apologise, I've already over-indulged today on the mulled wine).

TheSolitaryMan said:
To offer a (possibly irrelevant) personal opinion, I'm rapidly discovering that proper relationships tend to just happen when you're really comfortable as a friend with someone rather than "looking" for a relationship.

Im thinking the same thing actually. Very good, TSM. Insightful, as always my darling.

Yeah from my exp, relationships tend to seem more likely to happen by chance. Without the effort. When you don't expect it.

I've said this before on here but hoping a relationship will just happen by chance is a massive gamble IMO. It's certainly not a gamble I would want to take. Well I have taken that gamble in the past actually and it got me nowhere. Taking control of your own destiny is the best option if you have the balls to do it.

African Weasel, do you go out and talk to girls a lot?

When I say by chance, I mean naturally. You can take action if you think it will help. But either way, things can go bad.

bender22 said:
I've said this before on here but hoping a relationship will just happen by chance is a massive gamble IMO. It's certainly not a gamble I would want to take. Well I have taken that gamble in the past actually and it got me nowhere. Taking control of your own destiny is the best option if you have the balls to do it.

African Weasel, do you go out and talk to girls a lot?
I'm not very mobile in terms of transportation.The public transportation sucks where I live and is very minimum. If you live or have been to the south east you'll know what I'm talking about.

I was thinking that I should just settle with someone that I just don't like at all and not happy with. It's better than nothing to begin with.

African_weasel said:
I was thinking that I should just settle with someone that I just don't like at all and not happy with. It's better than nothing to begin with.

Is it really? What joy would get out of constantly being around someone you don't even like?

African_weasel said:

I don't think you should do this. It won't make you happy and you'll be robbing the person you're attached to of real happiness. I sympathize with you though, on being single.

What exactly is your problem, just transportation or something else?

Sounds like you should read A jaguarundi guide to finding someone if you haven't already.

Sci-Fi said:
At first I read Harley Quinn and I though, woo no you don't want her as a dating coach.
^ LOLOL

I hear that. I'm tired of being single too. But I don't want to just settle for whoever will have me and pretend that I'm happy with that. I don't want to go through life telling myself that I just have to accept a lukewarm, passionless relationship is all I'll have in this one life, just accept that I won't be happy. I don't want to lie to myself and say that looks don't matter either. I mean, I certainly don't want to date someone who is all looks and no personality, no matter how beautiful they are. But at the same time, I mean, I don't want to sound like a jerk but I'd like someone who can turn me on. I'd like to have the experience of being with someone of the opposite sex who genuinely excites me in that way....is it so wrong of me to want that?

Lastly....I just want to know that my long drought of being single will end. I want to know someone will pick me. I want someone to be special to me and I want to be special to them too. I want someone to have adventures and make memories with.

If I want to settle with someone, the person has to care about me. If she shows affection to me, and I don't really have much feelings for her, I don't mind. Just want someone who cares for who I am. Someone who can put up with me. Someone who will be by side whether I'm strong or vulnerable, happy and sad.

I don't fear loneliness. I don't fear rejection. I fear relationships. If the relationship is torn apart, I don't think I have it in me to go through another one.

I don't know why it's easy for other people but not for me. I find it hard for me to actually go up and talk to somebody anymore. It's sad.

Outcast said:
What exactly is your problem, just transportation or something else?

Sounds like you should read A jaguarundi guide to finding someone if you haven't already.

Mainly transport which will get better when I can drive legally. I've been saving up for a car which I started a business to help pay for the financing and I once I get my DSLR I'm going to make scrap books to sell to help pay for that too.

Latest posts

Back