Relationship with God

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beached soul

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is first post so I hope I am not repeating a topic that has been discussed though I didn’t see a thread about it.

I was curious to know, if anyone if open to talking about it, what your relationship with God is, if any? I do believe in God (not an atheist), but I am struggling with feeling of anger and bitterness towards him. I feel like he has abandoned me, that no matter how hard I try, no matter how much I turn to him, he doesn’t hear me and has just left me drowning in pain, sadness and loneliness. Things always seem to get worse instead of better. I feel like he is punishing me and it has left me in such a hopeless place.

I realize this a very personal subject so many thanks in advance to anyone willing to share!

Discuss all you want but as a reminder to all, when this becomes a debate it will be closed.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being angry at God. I was once told by someone with extreme faith that those who can get angry at God are usually the ones that believe the most.

I will say that I've felt the same way you do. But, you need to remember that you are never given more than you can handle. Regardless of what you are going through, you can come through it a better person.
Without struggle, you can't know how strong you are, you can't learn and you won't have the chance to become better.

Sometimes, not getting the answer you want, is all the answer you need. Keep working toward whatever it is that you need and you will make it there, as long as you don't lose faith and don't give up.

Disclaimer....These are my beliefs and my beliefs only. I don't expect everyone to have the same beliefs as me and I respect all other beliefs. Take what you like and leave the rest :)

I'm not a believer. I also prefer the old-fashioned rule of not discussing religion or politics in mixed company. Plus, there are plenty of other forums for those topics.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
I'm not a believer. I also prefer the old-fashioned rule of not discussing religion or politics in mixed company. Plus, there are plenty of other forums for those topics.

-Teresa

This.

He probably doesn't hear you because he doesn't exist. Not trying to start a debate or anything, but if you send a wish list to Santa at the north pole and you don't get anything on Christmas its not because he's punishing you, it's because you sent a letter to a fictional character.

That kind of answer probably doesn't interest you though, so I guess I can add an answer involving whichever religion you're into. (I'm assuming you're christian or catholic.) I hate to pull the starving children in third world countries card but if there was some omnipotent being with magical powers and he wanted to help people I'd assume the aforementioned starving children would have a higher priority than most people looking through forums. That's not to say you shouldn't try to improve things for yourself or get help from people online or in real life or that the suffering of others somehow lessens the importance of your own, I'm just saying if he doesn't care to save the children dying from lack of food and/or clean water then he probably won't help you or anyone else either.

If you believe in something like divine creation then god made people to require food and water, made them to feel the pain, sadness and loneliness you feel, and then ultimately die. So we can then draw the conclusion that god would never help you or anyone else because this is how things are meant to be. If he is omnipotent (meaning he can do anything.) and he chose to make things as they are, and they've always been this way, then clearly he doesn't plan on changing things anytime soon. So even if the god you chose to believe in did exist, it doesn't seem like he'd help you or anyone else anyway, and if you really are being punished then so is every living thing on earth.

I also want to add that sometimes you have to do the work yourself. You can't rely on anyone, even God, to change your circumstances. You have to find the strength to better yourself. You have the strength, you just need to find it.

You didn't go into details in your original post, so it could be more complicated than that. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

I agree with everything Callie has said.

The world is getting worse by the day. Worse in the sense that we, the little people, are being edged out. We are being murdered by the few with all the money and power - and most of us are still 'clueless in Indiana' and don't even know it.

If I didn't have faith in God, when I look up into the sky and see nothing but chemtrails being deliberately sprayed on England day in and day out, blocking out the sun, and GMOs (insanity of the lowest form), being introduced into the foodchain at virtually every turn - and countless other atrocities - I would lose all hope for anything.

It is my opinion that we're not of this world anyway. We really are strangers passing through and obviously this is not going to be our permanent home. I can't speak for the Good Lord except what I've read of Him in the Bible and experienced in my own life, but I do believe in Him and my faith rests in Him. A solid Rock in times of trouble.

I can't say it any more succinctly or beautifully than Callie put it - my beliefs only - and I don't expect others to share or conform to them in any way.

Things are not always as they seem, Beached Soul. And things take time. Good things often come to us in ways we least expect and when we least expect. That is my opinion.

I'm an atheist -- an agnostic atheist, to be exact. My position is as follows:

I don't know that (any) god exists, and I don't believe that (any) god exists.

So to answer your question -- I don't have relationships with things that I don't believe actually exist.

I was once a dyslexic, insomniac, agnostic.

I spent many a sleepless night contemplating the existence of Dog.

I don't believe in 'God' as such, not in the traditonal sense at least. I do, however, believe in a higher power, and that we are not here by some freak molecular accident. In my humble view, nature (in its untouched state) is too perfect and ordered to have come about by some fluke - I think there is a 'something' beyond us that is timeless and infinite. For myself, to believe otherwise is pointless - why bother to go through life, to try and better yourself, love, laugh, cry, struggle if at the end of it there is nothing?

I don't quite know what to say to comfort you though...to my way of thinking, God doesn't go around punishing people, that's a throwback to mankind's love of control. Simply put, I believe in energy, postive and negative, the idea that the universe is full of natural rhythms and that what you send out into the world will come back to you in one way or another...and nature. Go sit under a tree, and look up...God is there. Hugs, :)

I am Wicca I do not believe as you do in one god.The Divine is present in nature, and so nature should be honored and respected. Everything from animals and plants to trees and rocks are elements of the sacred. You'll find that many practicing Wiccans are passionate about the environment which I am.
There's no Recruiting Club in Wicca, and we Wiccans are not out to preach at you, convert you, or prosetylize. Wiccan groups recognize that each individual must find their spiritual path on their own, without coercion. While a Wiccan may honor different gods than you do, they will always respect your right to believe differently.

I do not believe a god would punish you. You need to find the strength within yourself. Hope I made some sense. ^.^

Keep the thread on topic, please. I will remind everyone of what the OP's question initially was:

"I was curious to know, if anyone if open to talking about it, what your relationship with God is, if any?"

Beached soul said:
I was curious to know, if anyone if open to talking about it, what your relationship with God is, if any? I do believe in God (not an atheist), but I am struggling with feeling of anger and bitterness towards him. I feel like he has abandoned me, that no matter how hard I try, no matter how much I turn to him, he doesn’t hear me and has just left me drowning in pain, sadness and loneliness. Things always seem to get worse instead of better. I feel like he is punishing me and it has left me in such a hopeless place.

First, welcome to the forum. :)

I have no relationship with any of the many different gods that humans worship.

I hope you figure out the answers to your pain and that you feel better, regardless of the path you take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back