Met someone/working on myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zed

Reaction score
I'm starting to think it would be a lot easier for more people to get into good relationships if only someone could give them a space where shaming behavior is not allowed...

About a month ago, I went to a speed dating event, expecting to be turned down by all the women... but lo and behold, the one woman I yes'd out of about 12, yes'd me too, and I got a date out of it!

Well, things kind of petered out after that, because she revealed she lied about her age (41 but she's really 56), and I revealed I'm interested in romance without sex... she and I are already too invested in our own lives than for one to pull up stakes and merge with the other.

OTOH I wasn't trying very hard when I met her. But I'm in the middle of making changes in my life (prepping for a new job, cleaning up my house and property, etc etc), so I kind of feel like I shouldn't start dating yet.

I've been talking to women at these speed dating events, and they've been telling me what would and wouldn't work for them... I really think if it's possible to have meetups where the men can feel they're not in competition and make the women feel no one's going to shame them for picking the men they think are most interesting. I think straight asexuals would be a good group to try this out with, because I'm tired of reading all the "I'm so lonely" posts in asexuality forums.

the one thing that stands out to me the most is 'lying'...and what's worse is age is so insignificant so why lie about it...so obviously she has issues and if you start out lying about something so insignificant then what else will she lie about...everything, perhaps?...HUGE RED FLAG IN MY BOOK!

good luck...i hope you will find someone decent soon :)

TBH I suspect there are more lonely people who don't want sex than they're letting onto because of the shame factor.

Thanks a lot, media... :-(

Latest posts

Back