A South-East Lonely Guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm Red.

Single guy, living in the SE corner of England. I'm 36 and been single a long time. My old friends are all moving on with girlfriends/wives/houses/kids/etc. Time and other halves don't leave much time at all to hang out with a single guy.

I'm hoping this forum will give me a chance to vent, point me to some good advice, and to get a friend out of this would be amazing.

Hey Red, welcome to the forum. There are awesome people on here, I've made good friends from here. So I hope you'll find what you're looking for here. Good luck. :)

Red said:
Hey everyone, I'm Red.

Single guy, living in the SE corner of England. I'm 36 and been single a long time. My old friends are all moving on with girlfriends/wives/houses/kids/etc. Time and other halves don't leave much time at all to hang out with a single guy.

I'm hoping this forum will give me a chance to vent, point me to some good advice, and to get a friend out of this would be amazing.

Hi Red,

I'm also from the south east and in my mid 30's. Sorry if it sounds mean but I am secretly glad when I see a post like this - to know that I am not the only one.

I think social isolation and lonelyness is not recognised for men between 18 and 60. There is a site called meetup that might have some groups in your area you can join. I have social phobia so I have not managed to go along to any yet. But there is stuff out there.

Whats your religion like? because there are religeous groups and even groups for non-religeos peope (humanists) so that could be a way to go?

Hi, Red,welcome to the forum. Good to have another person from England on here! The Yanks have us out gunned,and outnumbered,but I think we've got 'em worried!

Some fantastic people on here,jump in and get to know them!

Gabriel

Wow, thanks everyone. I had a bad day, so it was nice to see this.

CJ - The recognition is almost non-existent, though I don't think it's just the guys. I think people who settle down with a family don't realise how cut off those who didn't become. I'm atheist, but not sure there's much locally for that.

Haven't been on here long myself,but getting on with some really nice people on here. I've found that joining in on the "games" threads helps break the ice with people,gets a chance for you to get to know them,and for them to get to know you. It does work,try it!
A sense of humour helps!

P.S. If you do want to change religion from atheist, why not try Agnostic! (Joking)!

Gabriel.

Red said:
Wow, thanks everyone. I had a bad day, so it was nice to see this.

CJ - The recognition is almost non-existent, though I don't think it's just the guys. I think people who settle down with a family don't realise how cut off those who didn't become. I'm atheist, but not sure there's much locally for that.

There are quite a lot of get togetehrs for athiests. Humanism provides a community for the non religeous, it's community rather than religion. They have quite a lot of local meetings about the country and they tend to have interesting talks given on all kinds of things. Maybey you could go along to that and see if you like it? https://humanism.org.uk/

Also I don't know where you are but it might be worth looking on the meetup site, they might have groups that interest you. My unserstanding of the meetup and humanist groups is that you can go on your own and people will be welcoming and non judgemental. Not like that with clubbing is it. If I go to turnmills (is that place even still going?) on me todd people would just be like 'look at that sad loser all on his own, I don't want to know him'.

It is my understanding that in the US in places like New York, you can happily go out for a dinner in a restaurant on your own. I wish the UK was like that. Mostly because we have a very good indian restaurant in sunny Chelmsford and right now I could kill for a vindaloo......

Latest posts

Back