Hello dear forumers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will89

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm William. 25, from the UK. I work as a researcher in a university by day and at night I'm a hardcore gamer and an insomniac. I suffer from severe depression which makes it extremely difficult for me to be productive. As a result, my working and social life is a complete mess. My mind is always in a occupied state, I live with a lot of fear, very self-conscious about what other people think. Empty would be a very accurate word to describe how I feel. Anyway, I hope on this medium I will be able to find a voice to share some thoughts and help me take my mind of things.

Hi William ,welcome to the forum. And your from the UK. Not that many of us on here. The more the merrier .

Hi Will. what games do you play often ? I am insomniac too not by playing game but by reading books. doing so makes me feel really good

Hey Will! Welcome to ALL. Hope the place works out well for you. :)

TheRealCallie said:
gabriel20 said:
And your from the UK. Not that many of us on here. The more the merrier .

I think there might be more from the UK here than you think. lol

Huh. I always thought about half the forum was people from the UK.

Hey Pakoul. I play alot of Counter Strike on steam. I'm also a massive Football Manager fan. I use to read quite quite a bit as well. bit of politics, bit of history, and alot of books on football(or soccer if you are from North America), autobiographies and related reads on the sport. I'd much rather read a good book than waste my time playing video games but my knowledge of good reads are quite limited these days. Maybe you have a good book you can recommend me.

will89 said:
Hello everyone. I'm William. 25, from the UK. I work as a researcher in a university by day and at night I'm a hardcore gamer and an insomniac. I suffer from severe depression which makes it extremely difficult for me to be productive. As a result, my working and social life is a complete mess. My mind is always in a occupied state, I live with a lot of fear, very self-conscious about what other people think. Empty would be a very accurate word to describe how I feel. Anyway, I hope on this medium I will be able to find a voice to share some thoughts and help me take my mind of things.

Hi Will. :) What kind of research do you do?

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with depression. It's something that I struggle with too. We're here though to listen and I hope that we can make your life a little brighter and warmer.

SophiaGrace said:
Hi Will. :) What kind of research do you do?

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with depression. It's something that I struggle with too. We're here though to listen and I hope that we can make your life a little brighter and warmer.

I'm a postgraduate researcher(PhD) student in communications and signal processing area. I'm in my 3rd year right now. My area of research is lattice codes, for network coding and channel coding. I have some decent results based on simulations which in my opinion have real practical value in the real world of communications and engineering but my supervisor and others in my group refuse to acknowledge my work. For them, any results that doesn't come with 10 pages of mathematical validation is low level work. I have 3 papers already published on reputable conferences but apparently it's still not enough for my supervisor who had just failed me on one of my stage-progress assessments. I have a reassessment in a few months and things could get complicated if I don't pass.

But hi by the way. Nice to meet you.

Hi Will,
I actually read books covering Personal Development.
Actually what I'm reading is
50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
and
The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People

Latest posts

Back