Reputation on here???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Frodothelost

i think many people on here got depressed cause not getting any points even they post nice and helpful. maybe they were waiting for help reputation could make strong. what if every members support everyone? i feel happy to see you happy if your sad then i'm sad.
and i want every old and new members to be happy.

i think it'll be the random thread of all time.

:) *sighs* i know wt feeling.. it makes me sick to feel i want things back but yeah.. am dealing with it fine and supressing things in..
but being happy is not all bout reputation... there are other ways to feel happy..

I give out so many reps that I often have to be stopped by the daily limitations of how many I can give. :p

SophiaGrace said:
I give out so many reps that I often have to be stopped by the daily limitations of how many I can give. :p
:D beautiful mind

Nuzzy Nuz said:
:) *sighs* i know wt feeling.. it makes me sick to feel i want things back but yeah.. am dealing with it fine and supressing things in..
but being happy is not all bout reputation... there are other ways to feel happy..

hmm nuzzy :rolleyes: try to give reps to new member and see the reaction.

Reputation here is similar to the "Like" button on facebook i guess...
i think that people perceive it as acknowledgment and popularity... its does have some elements of that, but its really worthless...
i always thought it comes from how much time you spent here, and how much post/thread you made =|

Nicholas said:
i think that people perceive it as acknowledgment and popularity... its does have some elements of that, but its really worthless...
i always thought it comes from how much time you spent here, and how much post/thread you made =|

its not based on that at all. it is the quality of what you post that matters I gind.

SophiaGrace said:
Nicholas said:

its not based on that at all. it is the quality of what you post that matters I gind.
yesh sophi is right.
nice shot soph
:club:

Frodothelost said:
SophiaGrace said:
Nicholas said:

yesh sophi is right.
nice shot soph
:club:

Well silly me... and i was online day and night hoping to gain reputation... =\

Does it feel good to everybody to get reputation or just some people? I think it feels good, to me. if you never got much rep points and you were using the forum along with everyone else i can see that that would dissapoint some people.

SophiaGrace said:
find, not gind.

:) it's ok find then

johnny196775Again said:
Does it feel good to everybody to get reputation or just some people? I think it feels good, to me. if you never got much rep points and you were using the forum along with everyone else i can see that that would dissapoint some people.

meee! i feel good when an old member give reps

kamya said:
Reputations don't mean anything though. o_O

hey kamya your gift is awesome.

Reps take time. You'll notice that the older members have more.
When I'm busy at work in the summer months and don't post much, I rarely get them.
When I'm more active in posting, I seem to receive more.
This is just in my case - I can't speak for anyone else.

It's my few days here only It will take some time before I start spending like rich man :) But on the second thought, Is it really that important?
Then, My ego says, "why you can't have more reps ?" lol

It can be mistaken for popularity, but it's not that easy. Neither is it that difficult. I believe in earning your place.
You can be thoughtful, kindhearted, amusing or anything else. People rep others for all sorts of things. As long as you stay true to yourself, the rep points will follow on its own.

Rodent said:
It can be mistaken for popularity, but it's not that easy. Neither is it that difficult. I believe in earning your place.
You can be thoughtful, kindhearted, amusing or anything else. People rep others for all sorts of things. As long as you stay true to yourself, the rep points will follow on its own.

Yeah. I think the rep points on here can be a bit misleading, portraying a certain image to some people. And I don't really like that, cos in a way you're being judged.

It's also nice on the other hand, kinda like a testimony of your character or how you are on the forum. I mean, almost everyone likes to be validated, recognised and appreciated. So there's the pros and cons to the rep points here.

And as Rodent said, people rep each other for a variety of things. Sometimes even for songs you post in the "What are you listening" thread because people can relate to liking that song or sometimes even just for the fun of it. And could not have said it any better - stay true to yourself. Cos that's the first impression people see in your posts, rather than based on the reputation points.

The reputation points don't tell your worth as human being. People give them for all kind of reasons and it doesn't make you any less worthy if you don't get them. :)

Eve is right, you generally have to be here awhile and post a lot to get reps. I think it's a nice surprise when I get a rep but I don't ruminate about it if I haven't gotten one in awhile. :)

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back