30-40 year olds?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jencat

Reaction score
I just joined this forum today.
I'm turning 30 this week. I have a lot of "friends" from the past, but I only have one close friend friend now, and I rarely see or talk to him because he lives 3 hours away. The only people I normally talk to are close family. I've been trying to make new friends, but haven't had any luck. I'd love to meet people who are 30-40, but I'm starting to lose hope that I'll be able to make new friends without finding a new job or something.
Would make me feel better if I could connect with anyone in their 30s here.

Hi there, I am in my 30s as well and also finding hard to make friends.

Hi, I'm 37. Very similar situation. Lots of 'friends' but only one really close one within 1,000 miles of me. It seems harder to connect with people the older you get, I find.

Hope you find what you're looking for here.

Where are you? Geographically?

TheRealCallie said:
I fall in this category.

Danielle said:
37 female Boston Ma USA. lol I feel like i was posting on a dating site! :p

Well, hello there. Wanna go out sometime? :D

Ooohh callie! yesssssssssssss! :p

but I don't want to go bowling or mini golfing....

Hello there - 34 Male UK. (it feels like Yahoo chat rooms from the 90s saying that!)

Don't get too hung up on people's ages though, there's a wide spectrum of people here and it's good to talk to them all. Hope you find what you are looking for :)

hi, i'm in my 30s, live near Bath and find it hard to make friends

I'm 36, I live near a big city but when you spend almost all of your time in the house it can make finding friends difficult. Plus the internet has kind of gone downhill, not that I'm giving up on it as a potential source for quality people

im 39 from sanford north carolina you can chat with me if you want only got a msn messaager account though dont have a skype or a yahoo account skype and yahoo requires a cell number and i dont have icq hope this be fine i been looking for someone to chat with about anything been my only few on msn i had has drifted away :( i know what you mean about haveing friends in real life i have two but we hardly ever talk :( im from a small town so its kinda hard to find any but gl with your findings hope to chat with you soon ;)

There are several in the chat room, if you would be interested in trying it out :D

Thank goodness I see people above 30 I was thinking ill be an aunty here... just kidding!!!.. but nice to know there are some folks my age here. Have a nice day all :)

jzinsky said:
jody39 said:
only got a msn messaager account though

They still exist? :eek:

As usual I'm right in the middle! 35, male, north uk (although I get around a bit in my job lol )

yes they do you can logon your msn account useing skype

blackdot said:
jody39 said:
im 39 from sanford north carolina

cool what you doing in cary to bad i didnt know and could get around i would have takening you to the pool hall and shoot some pool and buy us some beers
and drinks never been to cary that i can rember been stuck in this hell hole it sucks that the city dont hold a fireworks display for the 4th or a newyears celebration like the other towns do god knows they got the money this town has more banks than resturants so how did you like north carolina its a pretty cool place have a good one
I was down that way this weekend.
I'm up in Cary.

blackdot said:
jody39 said:

cool what you doing in cary to bad i didnt know and could get around i would have takening you to the pool hall and shoot some pool and buy us some beers
and drinks never been to cary that i can rember been stuck in this hell hole it sucks that the city dont hold a fireworks display for the 4th or a newyears celebration like the other towns do god knows they got the money this town has more banks than resturants so how did you like north carolina its a pretty cool place have a good one
I'm up in Cary.

jody39 said:
blackdot said:
jody39 said:
I'm up in Cary.

I met someone in Pittsboro to do some volunteer work Saturday.
I know Sanford is small. I bought my car from there back in 2000.
I love to go down to Sanford in the spring because they have a place called "Big Bloomers" which is an awesome place!

Latest posts

Back