ALLFEST 2015 - Official UK meetup thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h3donist

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I noticed that the current UK meetup thread was actually started in 2013 which didn't bode well for an actual meetup! But we're keen for this to actually happen so I thought a new thread was in order.

ALLFEST 2015!

Here's the plan - if you would like to meet fellow ALLers in a park or somewhere for a nice day out sometime this summer (Late June or July might be best chance of getting some good weather) then please register your interest by commenting with your rough location (closest town or city would be ideal). Once I have a good list of people I will work out a location based on the distances where people might have to travel (unless anyone can think of a fairer way) and will set a date, then all we need to do is meet! I will help people with travel arrangements if necessary.

It would be wonderful for us all to meet, and perhaps life might not seem so lonely even if it was just for one day :)

So I'll start, I live just south of Birmingham in the Midlands.

I've seen threads like these on USENET and forums over the last 25 years and they often end up with a couple of people attending and the rest backing out at the last minute or simply not turning up - I do not wish to be one of those people. I have the social skills of a potato and I often come across as quite unapproachable, so while I'd love to say that I'll attend, I'll just wish you luck and say that I might join you should it ever happen.

Oh, and the nearest large town/city to me is Carlisle.

I'm down lets just do it :) I'm near manchester but I love travelling, further away the better. C'mon this can totally happen..

Also can understand staying out, but more potatoes there are the less weird we'll all feel about being potatoes, just saying.. :) :p

funny-pictures-auto-kitten-potato-474905_zps02e7101c.jpeg

lifestream said:
I'm in Ireland, if that's allowed for a UK meetup. :)

Of course it is - it's open to all, the UK bit basically means the location. If you don't mind travelling over then it'd be great to meet you.

Someone said they are not sure about this because people pull out at the last minute.

Well, if only 2 of us show up then there will be 2 people less lonely than they were before.

cumulus.james said:
Someone said they are not sure about this because people pull out at the last minute.

Well, if only 2 of us show up then there will be 2 people less lonely than they were before.

You've misinterpreted what I posted. I did not say that I am 'not sure about this because people pull out at the last minute'. I simply do not wish to become one of those people and therefore will not commit to attending. This should not dissuade anyone else from doing so.

If it helps anyone to feel less lonely for a while, then that's great.

h3donist said:
lifestream said:
I'm in Ireland, if that's allowed for a UK meetup. :)

Of course it is - it's open to all, the UK bit basically means the location. If you don't mind travelling over then it'd be great to meet you.

Not at all, I'm mad about Blighty. :D

Yeah I get that not committing to things sometimes then it's easier to do as well cos you can do it on the spur of the moment, be good if you did come though Cavey, someone who's into Goethe etc probably got loads of interesting things to teach/ tell.

I believe it's a Saddam Hussein mr potato head?! scootch haha

Why isn't it funny? He's only coming out with a dark sense of humour.

There's no malicious intent with that statement.

OK, this stops now. There is nothing malicious, nor humourous about that statement unfortunately. It's not relevant, it's not big and it's not clever. We are trying to open a thread to put something together that could be a lot of fun, and comments like that HAVE NO PLACE HERE.

Latest posts

Back