Can't rep people for Diary posts?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I wanted to rep someone for a beautiful diary post but i found I couldn't rep their post like in other sections of the forum.

Made me sad.

VanillaCreme said:
Members also can't post in the Diary section unless they create a thread.

Yeah I knew that part already but not the repping part.

I can see the rep button, it's on the bottom left side. Not sure if that's just because of my permissions though.

Is it the button you can't find or it gives you a message that you're not allowed to rep them? If you can't see the button on the left side then it's probably like Vanilla said, it's disabled like replies.

Sci-Fi said:
I can see the rep button, it's on the bottom left side. Not sure if that's just because of my permissions though.

Is it the button you can't find or it gives you a message that you're not allowed to rep them? If you can't see the button on the left side then it's probably like Vanilla said, it's disabled like replies.

Oh when i press the rep button in the diary section, it only allows me to rep the person, not the post.

Oh okay, yeah that's probably due to the section being closed to replies it probably disables the post rep ability too.

Isn't there a workaround to enable it cause I have seen one of the best posts in the Diary section. They are definitely worth lots of points.

PenDragon said:
Isn't there a workaround to enable it cause I have seen one of the best posts in the Diary section. They are definitely worth lots of points.

Why couldn't you just rep the user and specify that it's for that post in the diary section?

TheRealCallie said:
PenDragon said:

Why couldn't you just rep the user and specify that it's for that post in the diary section?

You can't because you can only rep a user one time forever. Right?

SophiaGrace said:
TheRealCallie said:
PenDragon said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Okay, rep a different post of theirs and put in the comment it's really for the diary post :D

TheRealCallie said:
SophiaGrace said:
TheRealCallie said:
PenDragon said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Okay, rep a different post of theirs and put in the comment it's really for the diary post :D

Sounds good to me. Now, that is called workaround. Thanks Callie.

Latest posts

Back