Family

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senjina

Reaction score
You never realise how good a family you have until you loose someone truely important to you and know that another could go anytime. Its been 7 months since the loss of my Grandpa who was very close to me as well as my mom and sister. This year would have been their 65th-year anniversary. My grandma stil only partly realises he is gone and nothing is fully the same anymore. I was able to say goodbye but i had left to go back to school the day before he died.. I knew it in my heart that i should have stayed. My grandma is not doing that great and though she has my aunt there with her she can hardly get out of bed and yet take care of what she use to do. Hearing this song... even though in japanese * * brought these memories to mind along with thinking of what i would do when my mom goes.. Things have just been depressing and terrible at home.. i try to look at things positively and not cause issues but.. i am worried abut my mom.honestly i don't know what to do if she goes. We have been closer than many others.. I end up staring at the ceiling. I dont usually cry but ....

Senjina, I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I don't know what it's like to have a close grandparent. But I can imagine how precious it must be to have that bond with him.

I know what you mean, there have been many times before where I keep to myself and wonder what it'll be like if I were to lose my mother. I already lost my dad. It would break my heart, more than I can imagine. Thinking about losing her already made me cry.

But you know, there is no point thinking about it. It's good to accept and understand that someday that time will come, but it's best that you focus on your present days now that you can have with your loved ones and make sure that you cherish each and every moment you have with them. Sometimes we don't realise the value of having someone around until we lose them. In your case, you know what it's like already.

There is not much that anyone can say or do that can get rid of that feeling of loss. It takes time, and while it hurts and gets very depressing, keep reminding yourself that this isn't what your lost loved one or living loved ones would want to see of you. Keep strong and try to find peace within yourself as much as you can.

Take care. *hugs*

Latest posts

Back