Anyone else ever get really lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaleEvans89 said:
....late at night, just lying in bed in the darkness, thinking about days gone by?

Yeah I do. I try not to but I do. I think about my childhood, relatives that are no longer with me, people I don't see anymore, old crushes that I thought I would never get over (some I did, some I didn't.) They didn't know I liked them because I kept that to myself. I have more regrets than you can fill a shopping cart with.

Yes... :( I'm sorry you're feeling in that way too. *hugs*

10c09f360ed026257ae59a334fe110d0.gif

This is why I stay up late at night. Somehow it's uncomfortable to be left with just my thoughts.

At night in bed is my hardest time. It got so bad, though, that I worked out a trick to help me stop thinking, and go to sleep. I found some audiobooks with readers who have a smooth calming voice. I put it on my ipod with a comfortable type earbud, with the sound down low. Listening to the calming voice and familiar story stops the thoughts and lets me go to sleep.

I think I just have existential loneliness. That I can feel lonely even when around my family or being out, etc. I think some of us are just more geared that way.

I can't stand it when I have a day I "didn't do anything" that day. I have to keep myself busy so I think I am too busy for a social life.

me too :/

I hate that feeling at night...
in the morning it's somehow better, like all that thoughts get erased, but at night, in bed, staring at the ceiling I feel like I'm realy choking sometimes, thinking how I fail at everything, and so on...
I hate it :/

Used to happen a long time ago, but not anymore. Over the years I managed to shut my brain down completely when I enter my bed. I just stare into the blackness behind my eyelids and I'm gone within minutes. Even during my depression...maybe it's just the insight that one cannot turn the world around at this time of day/night anymore. Which is also why I rarely stay up past midnight and wait for the new dawn instead.

Sometimes, yes. There's not much to be done about it other than turn on some shows or pick up a book.

I'm making a game with two online friends, but once they're asleep in their own time zone I have no one to talk to. Poking around for new people to keep me company while I do a little work only leaves me disappointed either with their selfishness or our lack of compatibility.

And offline, whoo boy... still remember people going cold after meeting me in the flesh.

Night time can be horrible for loneliness. I've got used to it though - as even though I was married I still slept alone in the spare room and I just felt so trapped. I used to hold my pillow at night so it felt like I was holding somebody - anybody.

Nowadays I tend to stay up for as long as I can possibly can so that I'm so tired I fall asleep quickly, or I simply read books so that I can be part of another world. Right now I am a boy in 1942 collecting war souvenirs in Newcastle ;)

h3donist said:
Night time can be horrible for loneliness. I've got used to it though - as even though I was married I still slept alone in the spare room and I just felt so trapped. I used to hold my pillow at night so it felt like I was holding somebody - anybody.

Nowadays I tend to stay up for as long as I can possibly can so that I'm so tired I fall asleep quickly, or I simply read books so that I can be part of another world. Right now I am a boy in 1942 collecting war souvenirs in Newcastle ;)

But you have some fond place in your memory you can go to, whereas at night I have not. I like that in your mind you can be a happy boy again, going to them places which were safe and fun all those years ago. :) Do you keep a scrapbook?

I don't sleep well at night and when my family are snuggled up and the house is quiet, all that is left are the memories of my dear boy Robby who died, and a list of would-have-been friends, but I can't go to parties and things without my Mum saying so. It's hard, but now I become a teeanger it's much different now and she says I have to learn things.

Friday nights is when I work very late to get done at least six hours unrelenting homework. Thats for the weekend alone. Weekdays I have up to four hours, by which time my few friends are home and I can't see thems.

Most nights I am all right, but some nights I feel very lonely. Night times are the worst I tell my counsellor. Beside my bed are a pile of books I can read and an ebook. But how many stories can I get into before and I loose concentration and the memories come down?

Loneliness is very much part of me, for it is all too easy to go into my own world, ride my imaginary horse of loneliness, a sleek black war horse, and visit far off lands. This may seem normal for a teen girl to daydream - sorry, nightdream, but it's not healthy to do it for hours.

I'm so tired, so ******* tired of how lonely I am, I want to SCREAM. Moved away, I'm in a new country right now, I thought that things would change. Wrong, it's just like before. Even my mom has like 10 boyfriends, i have no one. I'm all alone in my house with just me and my thoughts day and night. I work from home and that makes it even harder to meet anyone. How the hell do I meet people!?

Raingirl said:
I'm so tired, so ******* tired of how lonely I am, I want to SCREAM. Moved away, I'm in a new country right now, I thought that things would change. Wrong, it's just like before. Even my mom has like 10 boyfriends, i have no one. I'm all alone in my house with just me and my thoughts day and night. I work from home and that makes it even harder to meet anyone. How the hell do I meet people!?

I'm sorry that you are lonely. I really don't want anyone to be that way including myself. But I got to ask you why you thought living in a new country would change things for you? It's still you wherever you are.

DaleEvans89 said:
....late at night, just lying in bed in the darkness, thinking about days gone by?

Every day. Life sucks.

BeyondShy said:
Raingirl said:

I'm sorry that you are lonely. I really don't want anyone to be that way including myself. But I got to ask you why you thought living in a new country would change things for you? It's still you wherever you are.

Because it's a fresh start, change of scenery, change of everything. I've heard of so many people who turned their life around this way, it's easier being in a new place where you don't know anyone, apparently. My online friend who used to have absolutely no one moved to a new city and now he's busy partying all the time, traveling, has a ton of friends and pretty much forgot what it means to be lonely.
Guess i'm too much of a fuckup to be able to change anything for myself.

Latest posts

Back