Anyone from Raleigh NC?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
I want to take a vacation there but just can't bring myself to go. I think it is that I can't figure out what to do.

I don't know anything about Raleigh, sorry. Any other destinations on the table?

I've been to Charlotte many times and it's lovely. My grandmother lived in Asheville and loved it. Very relaxed, down-to-earth folks with some great scenery and places to eat, shop, tour, etc.

Drat. I am considering moving to North Carolina either now, or when I retire in 10 years. I wanted to go down there and explore but, the trouble is I can't quite figure out what I am doing. I can't tell if I need to be downtown if my purpose is just to scout housing with a real estate agent. But then I feel like I don't want to waist 1/2 the trip when I am not out looking at houses and also, if I look for a job down there it would be at a federal building which I am sure is in the downtown area. Do I need to stay downtown or just get a bus ..

questions for someone who has been there.

I am a terrible liberal religion snob so I am also interested if I want to claw my eyes out when I go down there with stuff like that. A friend when down there recently for work and told me at noon they all went for midday prayers. I seriously hope he is kidding.

I live in a town on the outskirts of Raleigh.
The Raleigh/Durham area is more big city type people meaning it's not the religious attitude that you get out of city.
There are all types of areas depending on what kind of people you are looking for/what kind of activities you are looking for.

i used to live there 3or4 years agao but moved back home i hate i did theres somuch to do there for work i would goto the nc employment securety commission its a employment office happy hunting have a safe 4th :)

jody39 said:
i used to live there 3or4 years agao but moved back home i hate i did theres somuch to do there for work i would goto the nc employment securety commission its a employment office happy hunting have a safe 4th :)

Wait, there are a lot of jobs - or aren't?

Blackdot.. I am looking for homes outside of Raleigh... knightsbridge I think. I would hope to get a job in Raleigh

Is Knightsbridge a name of a street as there is one on the other side of Raleigh?
Or do you mean the town of Knightdale which is also on the other side of Raleigh?
I'm in Cary.

blackdot said:
Or do you mean the town of Knightdale which is also on the other side of Raleigh?
I'm in Cary.

Knightdale. I checked cary out too but I think the real estate was more expensive.

you should be able to find work there its a huge town its busy buay busybut worth liveing there you wouldnt have to worry bout low pay the mininumwage here is $10.00 an hour i think look at the nc emplyment securety commison web site google that you should be able to find it i dont know the url but it covers the hole state in all industries it also covers federal jobs to good luck

The only negative about NC is that the state government is doing everything it can to run the state into the ground.

blackdot said:
The only negative about NC is that the state government is doing everything it can to run the state into the ground.

In what way? I doubt it can be any worse than Massachusetts that is so corrupt law makers take bribes and hide the bribes in their bras.

Plus there is snow.

Plus there is cold.

Plus it is insanely expensive.

Taxes... did I mention taxes?

The only reason I am still here is my job and figuring out how to get my cat across the US. Pretty much.

I don't mind taxes. The NC gov though thinks that the poor should be paying all the taxes.
For the past few years they have been passing tons of stuff and a lot of it keeps getting sent to the Supreme Court and they keep striking it down. They they turn around and try passing it again.

Latest posts

Back