Getting Scolded by Others

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dd11

Reaction score
Did you ever get "scolded" by other people? For example, there was an event recently at the school but I couldn't go to it because I worked late and so forth. Then i ran into someone who was like "why didn't I see you at such and such event"? Um, i really don't think i have to explain myself. :rolleyes2:

that could be interpreted several ways ... might have been asking because they expected you would be there or hoped to see you there ...or were disappointed that you were not there

I wouldn't call that being scolded, unless they said it in a very aggressive or negative manner. Could be what BadGuy said

Yes, I often feel 'scolded' by someone's words, and it produces a lot of anxiety in me.

When that happens I sort of freeze on the spot.

I may struggle to respond in a friendly and assertive manner.

Sometimes I'm apologetic when there's no need to be.

Other-times, I may be somewhat dismissive of the person who I feel is scolding me.

It depends on my mood of the day, and how confident I'm feeling.

Spend a year repeating that I worked early on weekends, but my friends always asked why I couldn't go out with them to clubs until 4:00 am.

Xpendable said:
Spend a year repeating that I worked early on weekends, but my friends always asked why I couldn't go out with them to clubs until 4:00 am.

i often did go out like that when I was younger when I had to work Sunday ... but I also slept at work LOL

delledonne11 said:
Did you ever get "scolded" by other people? For example, there was an event recently at the school but I couldn't go to it because I worked late and so forth. Then i ran into someone who was like "why didn't I see you at such and such event"? Um, i really don't think i have to explain myself. :rolleyes2:
If that is being scolded then I guess I'm somewhat regularly taken out and flogged.
Though, at this point it doesn't seem to bother me anymore. I think most people stop caring what others think when they've been told they are a useless human being for the hundredth or so time. I sure did.

delledonne11 said:

You don't have to. They were simply asking why you weren't there.

Nah. I am not an idiot. I know someone's tone and can read between the lines.

Well then, if that's the case...how dare you to not fulfill somebody else's random expectations of you?

I am kidding of course.

In India, everyone is a philosopher, doctor, engineer, a politician and a lawyer. Everyone thinks that her/his opinion is the only possible correct opinion. Imagine how easy it is to get scolded. Worse is, their only target is guys from age 18-30.

You couldn't close the running water tap in 2 seconds, or you couldn't align your car EXACTLY, and you are a male, your life is over. They say, "What will you do in life if you cant even close it properly?" Now do you think there is any need to explain them that your purpose of life is not to be the person who can close taps instantly?

Catch any disease, people have 1ooo of health advices, all different than that of the real doctor has. DO you really have to explain everyone that they arent qualified to be giving medical advices?

You are in a train and your elbow touches a girls bag, and the girl gets bothered, you are considered a RAPIST, you will be accused of sexually harassing her and the men (30+) standing around you, in order to show their masculinity, will eat you like they eat a chicken. Nobody will listen you even after you come out of the prison, your life will be ruined and nobody will care and you will be considered a rapist.
Even though you had more respect to the woman then they had, offcourse, you will regret.
People drive on wrong sides like we do in NFS, but if they hits you, and you are a young guy, before you could think, they will put you to jail for breaking the law.

THE answer to your question is NO, you do not need to explain everything to everyone. Reason? Well, are too dumb to understand things beyond money and their pride. Those are the people who usually scold you even though they don't care.|

The world is full of questions and scolding or whatever you want to call it. Answer what you want, say fresia off to what you don't. Whether you like it or not isn't going to stop it from happening. Chances are, you've done the same thing to someone else. Everyone has, most likely. Just one of those things you have to learn to live with. Or pass it off entirely because in the long scheme of things, does it really matter? Is it really worth getting worked up about?

Latest posts

Back