Is this possible?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you are frequenting these forums, what is your age?

• Total voters

Active_PHOENiX

Reaction score
I was thinking about is it possible to know the average age of the frequenters here?
I mean those who mostly are active here and respond to posts and share their ideas, viewpoints and thinking ...

I am becoming 35, wondering how many people my age come here.
I have been around here so nearly five years, some times just as a guest reading posts and later decided to create an account and participate.

Thanks for the responses you will give from your knowledge and experiences.

More people here are under (based on a single poll result at least). I wonder if it could just be normal to be more lonely at that time of life or maybe my generation is just lonelier than previous ones.

Paraiyar said:
More people here are under (based on a single poll result at least). I wonder if it could just be normal to be more lonely at that time of life or maybe my generation is just lonelier than previous ones.

I'm not just speaking for myself in saying that loneliness does not typically abate with age. It's harder to make and keep friends as you get older. Worse, your friends have a bad habit of dying. It's physically harder to do things (right now, I've got pains in my neck, shoulders, and left heel), so it just becomes easier to sit at home. You catch yourself getting cranky and try to stop it but don't always succeed. Even with family, you have to curb a natural urge to lecture, hector, and cajole children and grandchildren and such, trying to warn them of the consequences of particular actions or omissions.

I'd suggest that a lot of people my age have a lower level of comfort with the internet in general. I was a fairly early adopter, having participated in online boards since the mid-1990s, but I'm the exception.

Latest posts

Back