Doing things on your own...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuro

Reaction score
Last night I booked a ticket to a music proformance for september. I didnt ask anyone if they would like to go, afraid for the person not wanting to come with me and besides i doubt anyone has heard of the performer.

I tend to do things one my own. I also try to attend meetup.com events, even though i now am dating it still isnt enough for me as i dont meet him all the time. Ive tried to hint to my very few friends a few times about meeting up and doing stuff and mentioning things to do, but they never seem to get back to me.

Is anybody in a similar situation or tend to do things on their own, because of not having anyone to do things with or afraid to ask?

some people hope to be asked ...but are afraid to seem needy so they dont say anything

Those shoes fit me perfectly (Don't even have to tie the laces--nice), I have some awesome Colorado Rockies tickets that were givin to me by a client and have no one to take, I think, '' How sad is that", I guess that's why were here. I hope through this site people who understand our lives can get to a serious point of networking thru direct communication to show support and encouragement. These days will pass, keep your head up !!!!!

It depends on the situation for me,I would happily go to have a coffee or lunch on my own,I just sit there reading the newspaper or a book. I do prefer to do things with other people,I just like to share experiences. If I
can't find a friend to go somewhere with me,I do look at what's going on with meet up and i've been to quite a few meets now. At one point I would've been terrified to have gone to these groups but the people have been so friendly and welcoming,that I just go without thinking about it now.

I really want to do more travelling and go to more music events,there's a place in Nottingham (UK),that I have wanted to go to for a long time,but I don't have the confidence to just go in there on my own and ideally I would like someone to go with me,so I have been putting off some things because I haven't reached that point where I can do them on my own.

Kind of depends on what it is for me. I sort of like doing the shopping on my own, because I can look at whatever I want to and take as much time as I want. But things like going to the movies, or an exhibition at a museum or gallery, or even just to go for a walk and look at a sunset, I much prefer to do with someone. Although I went and watched Star Wars on my own, it still felt (and still feels) like I was missing part of the experience because there was nobody to about the movie with afterwards. That's how I feel with most things really, that they are experiences I want to share with someone ... but apparently nobody wants to share them with me. Even when I do something creative, like painting or photography, there is always the moment when I want to share that experience, not afterwards but in that actual moment, I'll want to bounce an idea off, show off something I just did, or just be able to share. It's the same with travelling. I'd like to do some travelling, but, I don't want to be the only one who remembers it. I want to share it. I've never really understood why so many people complain that there is so little sharing in this world, and yet when I want to, when I offer to share, nobody wants to ....

Kuro, is there anyway you could try and push past the fear of rejection on this? That is presuming you'd prefer to be doing things with people.

I don't know if I can.

Paraiyar said:
Kuro, is there anyway you could try and push past the fear of rejection on this? That is presuming you'd prefer to be doing things with people.

My advice is you should try really hard to. Maybe try texting and see if anyone is keen to go with you to something.

I have avoided going out on my own for years, but I've reached a point where I don't really care anymore. Tonight is the first time I'll go to a German cabaret show all alone, but I know I'll enjoy it because I'm into this for no one but myself.

I'm in a similar situation. I recently started going to meet ups and really like it. When I was married I did almost everything with my wife, so I'm not used to doing things on my own. After several years alone I am getting more used to it, but I still avoid so many things I really want to do because I don't want to do them alone.

Well most of the things I like no one likes, which is another thing.

Paraiyar said:
My advice is you should try really hard to. Maybe try texting and see if anyone is keen to go with you to something.

kuro said:

Paraiyar said:

Ah yeah, I've had that problem before as well. Sucks.

I sometimes drag my boyfriend to things, which he doesn't always go to.

Paraiyar said:
kuro said:

Paraiyar said:

Ah yeah, I've had that problem before as well. Sucks.

I actually tend to do the opposite. I normally stay inside my house the majority of days and whenever I get invited somewhere, I refuse (except if it's a big event where I'm forced to go), mainly because I know I don't make good company and can even be a party pooper sometimes. It sucks, I have missed opportunities of attending fun events, but you really can't do much and you're ugly and unlikable. I wouldn't have any problems in going to places on my own, but me hating people and my own body has made it very intolerable.

Dont feel bad pn me but i think you are atrctive and i think if you ask a guy to go with you only an idiot would not go

Latest posts

Back