Need a little help from American English native speakers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I need help from American English native speakers to talk to me via skype. Until now I have only had written experience in English. I’m afraid I won’t understand Americans’ speech (actually I watch Hollywood TV-series and movies in English, so I think my understanding won’t be a problem) and much more I’m afraid you won’t understand me. Or that I won’t be able to remember necessary words quickly. I need practice to make myself feel confident, knowing I can talk to Americans (I will have to in future).

I suppose we should chat in skype of PM here first because I’m afraid of maniacs! :)

I’m a female, late 20s, live in Russia. These are things we can discuss:
- pets (I have a land turtle and cat)
- creativity (I am a writer)
- TV-shows and movies (I love thrillers and mysteries. My favorites TV-shows are Castle, Supernatural, Friends, and some others)
- music (I like hard-rock, metal, alternative)
- or anything else we’re both interested in.

Please, nice people, if you have spare time and want to make new friends, give me a hand with that ;)

Queen of maniacs said:
Hi. I need help from American English native speakers to talk to me via skype. Until now I have only had written experience in English. I’m afraid I won’t understand Americans’ speech (actually I watch Hollywood TV-series and movies in English, so I think my understanding won’t be a problem) and much more I’m afraid you won’t understand me. Or that I won’t be able to remember necessary words quickly. I need practice to make myself feel confident, knowing I can talk to Americans (I will have to in future).

I suppose we should chat in skype of PM here first because I’m afraid of maniacs! :)

I’m a female, late 20s, live in Russia. These are things we can discuss:
- pets (I have a land turtle and cat)
- creativity (I am a writer)
- TV-shows and movies (I love thrillers and mysteries. My favorites TV-shows are Castle, Supernatural, Friends, and some others)
- music (I like hard-rock, metal, alternative)
- or anything else we’re both interested in.

Please, nice people, if you have spare time and want to make new friends, give me a hand with that ;)

Um, you fit right in with everyone else. Don't worry, most of us like foreigners and are nice. We can be pretty interested in your accent and culture. SO DONT WORRY.

snagglet16 said:
Um, you fit right in with everyone else. Don't worry, most of us like foreigners and are nice. We can be pretty interested in your accent and culture. SO DONT WORRY.
Thank you very much!
Are you interested to chat with me on skype?

Latest posts

Back