Hello to you.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynnski

Reaction score
Hello, I've just joined so I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Lynn and I'm nearly 60 and I live alone. I have 1 grown-up son and I've just adopted 3 cats because I thought that would help me feel better, it hasn't so far I still feel horrible. I miss my son and the rest of my family have all passed away, except for 3 cousins who I've not seen or spoken to for years despite 2 of them being on my Facebook 'friends' list. I live in East London (although to me it's Essex)! I developed depression and anxiety years ago and now I think I have agoraphobia, I've not been outside my house in nearly 4 years (except to put my bins out). My son has just moved to Warrington and I want to move to be closer to him, but I have no idea how.
Sorry if I've ranted a bit, I just feel so low.
Thank you for reading.
Take care

Welcome Lynn.

I'm sorry to hear about you debilitating phobia. I can't wrap my head around being in that state of mind, but then, others can say that for some of the things I feel I suppose. I guess I don't understand how you get things done; does everything get delivered to your door? The internet has made things much more accessible for people in your situation (paying bills online etc) but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad? It doesn't provide for any motivation to get outside. Yes there can be frightening things outside the home, but to me, the solace that I feel when outdoors in nature for example, is so rewarding that I don't know how I could live without it. I can certainly understand the hesitation to venture outside if all you have around you is a congested populace with all it's negative aspects.

Have you talked to your son about moving closer to him? Maybe he can assist in arranging a move.

Oki

Last edited:
Hi @lynnski , welcome.

There is a book called, "Hope and Help for Your Nerves," by 'Claire Weekes.' She literally wrote the book on the subject (nervous illness), before it became more popularly understood as anxiety spectrum/depression.

I hope your spirits lift.

Welcome again.
Hello and thank you for your reply. I'll certainly have a look for that, it seems really interesting, thank you

Do you have some *idea* of why you are lonely? Or rather, do you have a sense of *why* you feel alone?

Latest posts

Back