Pressures after Tarot

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faded

Reaction score
So I had a love related Tarot reading two days ago, and the oracle said I would meet my twin flame very soon. One of the cards was an ace of cups, and she said it was a good sign.

Anyway, because I don't go out I wondered how I would ever meet this twin flame. So I meditated and prayed about how I would even recognize my twin flame if I saw them and ended up falling asleep. I had a dream about a woman surrounded by butterflies and roses.

So the day after that, I decided to try a dating app. After about two hours, someone surprisingly liked my profile, which is unusual since I'm not attractive. One of her photos was her surrounded by butterflies and roses.

So the coincidences are stressing me out. I don't believe in Tarot or twin flames, praying or meditating, but somehow I got swept up in the sequence of events and actions out of loneliness.

The problem is that I am so scared to chat with this person; worried that I would say something wrong. I end up blurting out personal things and then apologizing. It is terrible.

These days I'm okay with being alone, but the thought that twin flames could be real, that she could be that person, makes me stress so much that I just can't relax and be myself.

It feels like I need someone to tell me that it's all bs and just coincidences, or that it's true and no matter what I say we will be drawn together.

Maybe I've finally lost my mind smh.

Any thoughts?

So I had a love related Tarot reading two days ago, and the oracle said I would meet my twin flame very soon. One of the cards was an ace of cups, and she said it was a good sign.

Anyway, because I don't go out I wondered how I would ever meet this twin flame. So I meditated and prayed about how I would even recognize my twin flame if I saw them and ended up falling asleep. I had a dream about a woman surrounded by butterflies and roses.

So the day after that, I decided to try a dating app. After about two hours, someone surprisingly liked my profile, which is unusual since I'm not attractive. One of her photos was her surrounded by butterflies and roses.

So the coincidences are stressing me out. I don't believe in Tarot or twin flames, praying or meditating, but somehow I got swept up in the sequence of events and actions out of loneliness.

The problem is that I am so scared to chat with this person; worried that I would say something wrong. I end up blurting out personal things and then apologizing. It is terrible.

These days I'm okay with being alone, but the thought that twin flames could be real, that she could be that person, makes me stress so much that I just can't relax and be myself.

It feels like I need someone to tell me that it's all bs and just coincidences, or that it's true and no matter what I say we will be drawn together.

Maybe I've finally lost my mind smh.

Any thoughts?
Good morning Faded,

I would say go for it but be careful. Online dating can be dangerous because so many people catfish it isn't funny. Chances are the one who liked your profile may be just as nervous as you. Life throws out opportunities for us all of the time, it's up to us to recognize and take them. I know it's tough because you're nervous but if you don't take opportunities when they come your way, you may very well miss out on some wonderful things in life. Just be yourself and talk to the person and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out at least you can say that you tried. The more you talk to people online when it comes to situations like you're in, the easier it gets. Chat up. What have you got to lose?

Good morning Faded,

I would say go for it but be careful. Online dating can be dangerous because so many people catfish it isn't funny. Chances are the one who liked your profile may be just as nervous as you. Life throws out opportunities for us all of the time, it's up to us to recognize and take them. I know it's tough because you're nervous but if you don't take opportunities when they come your way, you may very well miss out on some wonderful things in life. Just be yourself and talk to the person and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out at least you can say that you tried. The more you talk to people online when it comes to situations like you're in, the easier it gets. Chat up. What have you got to lose?
Thanks Trevor.

I will definitely give it my best. The thing about loneliness is that it makes situations like this abnormal. I need practice lol. I still wonder why she liked my profile, it's sad but that's a red flag haha. Maybe it's a bot or scammer.

Thanks Trevor.

I will definitely give it my best. The thing about loneliness is that it makes situations like this abnormal. I need practice lol. I still wonder why she liked my profile, it's sad but that's a red flag haha. Maybe it's a bot or scammer.
I'm happy that I could help. Also, don't worry about being unattractive. I'm certainly no George Clooney in the looks department myself. Decent people will see beyond looks.

It feels like I need someone to tell me that it's all bs and just coincidences
Very well could be all BS and coincidence.

it's true and no matter what I say we will be drawn together
Very well could be true and it's meant to be.

Yes, I agreed with both. And yes, both could be true, both could be false. But here's the thing. You miss every chance you don't take. Are you willing to miss this potential chance? True flame, soul mate, destiny, coincidence, blind luck, or just right place at the right time....who cares what it is. She is a person just like you are. Just talk to her, be yourself and stop stressing. If it happens, it happens. But it definitely won't happen if you don't take a chance.

Very well could be all BS and coincidence.

Very well could be true and it's meant to be.

Yes, I agreed with both. And yes, both could be true, both could be false. But here's the thing. You miss every chance you don't take. Are you willing to miss this potential chance? True flame, soul mate, destiny, coincidence, blind luck, or just right place at the right time....who cares what it is. She is a person just like you are. Just talk to her, be yourself and stop stressing. If it happens, it happens. But it definitely won't happen if you don't take a chance.
I'm stupid.

It was like that scene from the Matrix, where Neo gets shot by the agent, but he is the 'one' and couldn't die.

For some reason I thought, if this is inevitable and meant to be, there is no way I can delete my dating profile, something will happen to prevent me. So I selected it for deletion, then slowly moved my finger over to 'Accept', looking around for the universe to intervene...but nothing. I pressed accept and my account was gone, and my twin flame extinguished.

Then I came here and saw your advice. It seems there is no fate but what we make for ourselves 😞

I'm stupid.

It was like that scene from the Matrix, where Neo gets shot by the agent, but he is the 'one' and couldn't die.

For some reason I thought, if this is inevitable and meant to be, there is no way I can delete my dating profile, something will happen to prevent me. So I selected it for deletion, then slowly moved my finger over to 'Accept', looking around for the universe to intervene...but nothing. I pressed accept and my account was gone, and my twin flame extinguished.

Then I came here and saw your advice. It seems there is no fate but what we make for ourselves 😞
Don't call yourself stupid. You're human, things happen to all of us, planned or not.

Don't call yourself stupid. You're human, things happen to all of us, planned or not.
This fate and destiny stuff
This fate and destiny stuff is messing with me.

Me deleting my profile means that person wasn't my twin flame.

The whole sequence of coincidences were just that.

If I wasn't so concerned about destiny or fate, I would still be on the app chatting with an interesting person, forgetting about my loneliness. 🤦‍♂️

This fate and destiny stuff

This fate and destiny stuff is messing with me.

Me deleting my profile means that person wasn't my twin flame.

The whole sequence of coincidences were just that.

If I wasn't so concerned about destiny or fate, I would still be on the app chatting with an interesting person, forgetting about my loneliness. 🤦‍♂️
I don't know if you believe in God or not, but regardless of how destiny and fate work in this world your actions and choices can sometimes alter those two things in small ways. Create a new profile and start again. You can't go through life without making conscience decisions or doing nothing because you believe that fate and destiny have some huge power over you and nothing that you think or do matters. If everyone on earth felt like you did nobody would try and do anything. Nothing would get done, people wouldn't try new things, wouldn't date, wouldn't make plans for the future, etc. Don't let fate dictate how you live your life. Take control and take chances. You only get one time around. I know from experience that the choices you make do have an impact on your fate (not death, earthly) and destiny. Get back on the horse. Don't let fate and destiny defeat you. Live your life on your terms. All of us on earth do share the ultimate fate though. That fate is death. No getting around that. The rest before your death can be in part changed by you. Just mentally tell fate and destiny to fresia off until you die. Otherwise they'll just pin you down and won't let you back up.

This article may give you another way to look at it:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/your...-by-your-decisions_b_610874ffe4b0497e67026e56

Last edited:
I'm stupid.

That's like the people who don't get cancer treatment saying God will heal them or whatever. But yet, it was God who made the doctors and the treatment possible, so God was trying to save them, they just didn't take the opportunity out in front of them.
I don't mean to bring religion into this, but it's the best comparison I could think of.

Now, can you undelete your account or make a new one?

That's like the people who don't get cancer treatment saying God will heal them or whatever. But yet, it was God who made the doctors and the treatment possible, so God was trying to save them, they just didn't take the opportunity out in front of them.
I don't mean to bring religion into this, but it's the best comparison I could think of.

Now, can you undelete your account or make a new one?
I tried to log in but it just created a new account.

Latest posts

Back