To text or not to text?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! That's exactly what I mean. If he were married or living with this person for a long time or something, it'd be different, but they've only been dating for a few weeks.

As for letting him disappoint me, I really want to make sure we see each other when I'm back because I have lost a lot of weight and look so much better than I did when I saw him before. Plus, he's volunteered to take me a few places while I'm there, and I'm looking forward to that.
Yeah sounds like a her problem nada to do with you. Im rooting for you GabbyQ!

And now I've decided to stop texting him. We had a great convo the other night, but I had to stop responding for a little while to do something. When I got back to him, he'd gone to bed. He apologized the next day but didn't keep the conversation going and even ignored what I said... but he was also with his new girl that day. So, I've just decided to stop texting him. Maybe he'll text me. Probably not, but at least I tried. :(

Sad. But I wouldn't stop at that. It doesn't really matter regardless. If you feel you want to text him, do so. Of course he'll be busy with his life or new girl, remember, you aren't in a relationship with him. That shouldn't stop you from remaining his friend. The who texts who first, to me, sounds a bit like a game. It really doesn't matter if you want to talk to someone.I mean, I do that to. After too long I even forget convos or forget to reply after reading them, I'm just forgetful and used to real convos more than texting lol.
It doesn't need to feel like an exclusive "night around the fireplace" convo, is what I mean.

Sad. But I wouldn't stop at that. It doesn't really matter regardless. If you feel you want to text him, do so. Of course he'll be busy with his life or new girl, remember, you aren't in a relationship with him. That shouldn't stop you from remaining his friend. The who texts who first, to me, sounds a bit like a game. It really doesn't matter if you want to talk to someone.I mean, I do that to. After too long I even forget convos or forget to reply after reading them, I'm just forgetful and used to real convos more than texting lol.
It doesn't need to feel like an exclusive "night around the fireplace" convo, is what I mean.
Thanks, Richard. That's a good way to look at it, and a good reminder because I'm looking at it as someone who wants him to drop everything and marry me right now. Hahaha! I'm not going to just ditch him as a friend - we still have plans to meet up in a couple of months (he even said we'll have lots of time to talk in person) - but I think I may just take a break from talking to him for a couple of weeks for my own sanity and focus on some other things for a little while.

Thanks, Richard. That's a good way to look at it, and a good reminder because I'm looking at it as someone who wants him to drop everything and marry me right now. Hahaha! I'm not going to just ditch him as a friend - we still have plans to meet up in a couple of months (he even said we'll have lots of time to talk in person) - but I think I may just take a break from talking to him for a couple of weeks for my own sanity and focus on some other things for a little while.
Kinda noticed 😉
I know something about being single monded in purpose. It has advantages, but it makes it harder when things aren't going your way. But you have to remember thathe made his choice and there's nothing you can do about it except respect it, you don't owe each other anything and it's kind of unfair to him to be judged on something he likely doesn't know (that you'd marry him two hours ago 😜).
You can though, if you feel the need for sone perspective. I'm just saying, don't just fall into an extreme of I'm not gonna talk to you at all for months. Just treat it as a friendship, not a romance. If you can. Good luck with all of it, though lol

Kinda noticed 😉
I know something about being single monded in purpose. It has advantages, but it makes it harder when things aren't going your way. But you have to remember thathe made his choice and there's nothing you can do about it except respect it, you don't owe each other anything and it's kind of unfair to him to be judged on something he likely doesn't know (that you'd marry him two hours ago 😜).
You can though, if you feel the need for sone perspective. I'm just saying, don't just fall into an extreme of I'm not gonna talk to you at all for months. Just treat it as a friendship, not a romance. If you can. Good luck with all of it, though lol
LOL fair enough. I'm really not doing it to punish him. I'll see him in August, so I at least have to talk to him before that, but I just need to get my mind off of him. And if he texts me, I'll gladly talk to him. And if he breaks up with this girl, all bets are off the table. :ROFLMAO: He doesn't know how much I like him unless he's just figured it out, so I'm probably just being irrational.

Latest posts

Back