A Lonely Life World Postcard Day Celebration - October 1, 2024

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abstamyous

Reaction score
Good morning, everyone!

Many years ago, a fellow member of ALL introduced me to a site called Postcrossing, which is a giant postcard exchange. I have sent and received hundreds of cards from people all over the world. I had to take a break from this hobby for a few years, but recently started up again.

This morning, I noticed an email from the site talking about World Postcard Day.

Here's a Little History About the Postcard

I would like to open up an invitation to other members to celebrate the snail mail with me.

If you would like to swap cards with me, please send me a PM. If you would like to just receive a card from me, please still send a PM. I will send cards out until October 4 (because it's almost time to get ready for Christmas cards).

If there are a few members interested in swapping with each other, please join in!

If you would just simply like to share some of the best snail mail you've ever received, please comment below!

I had many pen friends years ago. Over 40 worldwide at one point. Only two still correspond today, rarely, and that’s via social messaging, although one sends a Xmas family photo postcard still. People just stopped writing me, which saddened me. I was a prolific writer, but no longer. I haven’t even sent a greeting card or postcard in many years. Today I feel like I’m wasting paper doing so, and I don’t have the energy or legible hand to pen a letter. It seems the more easier it is to connect with people these days, the less they do. I’m a bit jaded now.

Cool! I didn’t know you were a Postcrosser - me too! I’ve been a member since my son was born, so over 15 years, although I haven’t been very active the last couple of years - stamps get expensive! I’m always up for snail mail though - email and texting just doesn’t have the same charm as a thoughtfully handwritten letter or note. 😊

I had many pen friends years ago. Over 40 worldwide at one point. Only two still correspond today, rarely, and that’s via social messaging, although one sends a Xmas family photo postcard still. People just stopped writing me, which saddened me. I was a prolific writer, but no longer. I haven’t even sent a greeting card or postcard in many years. Today I feel like I’m wasting paper doing so, and I don’t have the energy or legible hand to pen a letter. It seems the more easier it is to connect with people these days, the less they do. I’m a bit jaded now.
I have a lot of energy for writing, if you'd like to receive :sneaky:

Really? I never found that.
When you’re a Postcrosser and sending out multiple postcards a month (like 20+) and stamps cost almost $3.00 each to international destinations - yes, it gets expensive. Especially in terms of the cost of living rising as well - some hobbies needed to get cut back somewhat and Postcrossing, unfortunately, was one of them.

Latest posts

Back