Adobe Flash Player Virus

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
I have been having some issues with Viruses and Malware. I now have a computer that will not start (only gives me flashing black screen with cursor) and am having to order a windows replacement cd (factory restore options don't fix this)

I also bought a new computer. Now something I am using is giving me trouble (Malwarebytes detected and removed from pup Ie explore/firefox setup) and on restart I saw the blank flashing screen briefly (but windows started and everything seems to be okay)

The only programs I have thus installed are vlc media player and adobe flash player (necessary to watch youtube and other videos online)

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=276813992337786

I have seen some articles about the new update of Adobe being a virus,
but what can you do? In Windows 7 Adobe installs something called Flash Player 32 bit in security settings, where you can "block all sites from storing information on the computer" its default is set to allow them. "block all sites from using camera and microphone" ? and "block all sites from using peer assissted networking." I really don't like that it installed this in control panel, and that something gave me malware (the same that destroyed my other computer) is certain.

Unfortunately there seems to be nothing I can do, as I must have the flash player to be able to watch youtube.

Did you do the install through a third party site? Sometimes sites that have videos you can view will say you need to install the update and if you click on their seemingly legitimate link to Adobe (or other flash players) they will piggyback other information on it. Whenever I see that I go directly to the site to download. I had a notice once and when checking found out mine was up to date. So there was something shady going on there.

It might not be a virus, you just might have conflicting versions of flash trying to run. I've had this problem before and it slowed my computer down a lot. If you have chrome you can type chrome:plugins in the address bar. Then check out your flash plugin and click on details in the top right. If you have more than one flash version installed you will need to disable all but one of them.

Latest posts

Back