G’day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathewms

A Lonely Life Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello there. I joined today; I am 64, male, happily married with lovely adult children. I have a good job (at the moment, that is. I am a contractor and sometimes land in awful soul-destroying contracts… but currently it’s a good contract that will last until June ‘25).

I seem to struggle with some sort of anxiety and/or high-functioning depression. Typical symptoms include anxiety in day to day situations that I managed to handle better 10-15 years ago, and a constant feeling that life is overrated.

I usually start to get bored at work if things get mundane, and then start to look for a new contract. Not sure why I do that; it causes extra anxiety but I do it anyway.

Joined here as I cannot voice my feelings/thoughts at home (it causes my family to stress about my mental health), or at work (people have their own worries), and I have no friends. Lost contact with siblings some time ago.

So, hoping to find someone who is able to listen - and is not tempted to give me advice. I don’t need advice, thanks…

Also stopped being intimate a few years ago - wife not interested. And with both of us snoring, sleeping in different bedrooms just works better. But it does not prevent me from fantasising about a lady, preferably 60+ who is keen to share a couple of erotic thoughts with. I don’t see myself ever meeting though - I won’t be able to bring myself to hurting my wife’s feelings; she is a kind person.

So, here I am…

Hello there. I joined today; I am 64, male, happily married with lovely adult children. I have a good job (at the moment, that is. I am a contractor and sometimes land in awful soul-destroying contracts… but currently it’s a good contract that will last until June ‘25).

I seem to struggle with some sort of anxiety and/or high-functioning depression. Typical symptoms include anxiety in day to day situations that I managed to handle better 10-15 years ago, and a constant feeling that life is overrated.

I usually start to get bored at work if things get mundane, and then start to look for a new contract. Not sure why I do that; it causes extra anxiety but I do it anyway.

Joined here as I cannot voice my feelings/thoughts at home (it causes my family to stress about my mental health), or at work (people have their own worries), and I have no friends. Lost contact with siblings some time ago.

So, hoping to find someone who is able to listen - and is not tempted to give me advice. I don’t need advice, thanks…

Also stopped being intimate a few years ago - wife not interested. And with both of us snoring, sleeping in different bedrooms just works better. But it does not prevent me from fantasising about a lady, preferably 60+ who is keen to share a couple of erotic thoughts with. I don’t see myself ever meeting though - I won’t be able to bring myself to hurting my wife’s feelings; she is a kind person.

So, here I am…
Should explain that with ‘happily married’ I mean we generally enjoy each other’s company, laugh at the same things, and argue seldom.

Welcome to the forums.
Look around and make yourself at home :)

Latest posts

Back