Do you want a romantic relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aisha said:
BeyondShy said:
I want one really bad but then I figure would it be fair to the girl? I am too self-conscious right now. Just wouldn't be fair for some nice girl.

Let the nice girl have a say beyondshy, instead of presuming it wouldn't be fair to her. It would be fair because you'd care for each other.

I think maybe I presume a lot but that's how I am. I have a lot of faith in other people to overcome what is holding them back and when something positive happens for them I am just as happy as they are. I don't feel that way about myself. I got it drilled into me that I am not good enough.

I would love to be in one but I have no chance currently. I have low self-confidence. Even though I know I could treat a woman well. I don't have confidence which means it's not possible.

I want to share deep thoughts, useless conversations, go out and do stuff visit places. Obviously the regular sex is a bonus.

I really would love the companionship but I really don't see it happening anytime soon. At the moment I've made bid strides in the fact that I'm able to date (first time was this year) much more confidently so too.

BeyondShy said:
I want one really bad but then I figure would it be fair to the girl? I am too self-conscious right now. Just wouldn't be fair for some nice girl.

A couple of years ago, I went out with a guy. I kind of just let it die on the vine ... honestly, because I felt like it wasn't fair to him. At that time both my parents were sick (dad in a nursing home) and I had very little time outside of work.

Eventually I ran into him and his wife. OMG.. she is a complete crazy shrew and not as good looking as me... and, see, now the parents are dead and I am completely available. In meeting his wife it just struck me like a ton of bricks how actually I would have been way better for him... and I kind of feel bad that is what he is with now. Really made me think about that.

LonelySutton said:
Eventually I ran into him and his wife. OMG.. she is a complete crazy shrew and not as good looking as me... and, see, now the parents are dead and I am completely available. In meeting his wife it just struck me like a ton of bricks how actually I would have been way better for him... and I kind of feel bad that is what he is with now. Really made me think about that.

I think you are probably a nice enough person for anyone.

I actually would prefer "just sex" to be honest as my x really ruined my desire for love. I do know however that "just sex" on most occasions actually sucks for a woman because if the man isnt in love with you or at least lusting for you, then sex will suck. I have no desire for some jackass to get himself off at my dissatisfaction so I rarely act on the idea of "just sex". it just isnt worth it if its going to suck. I wish i could have occasional one nights stands of actual passionate lovemaking ... but that isn't going to happen because most one nighters are just acts of f**king and thats not for me. The risk of disease and things just isnt worth it either. To my surprise though I find its like chocolate, if you dont eat it you dont miss it. But yes, i would love for fabio to make me feel like a woman once a week on Saturdays, and then be gone from my bed in the morning, but that Fabio, ahhh he's is just a Fantasy.

I don't think i will ever have the desire for a relationship again. Ewww to phone calls, checking in, being responsible to another human, planning trips together, being forced into parties, weddings, social events, having to compromise all the time, sharing a bed, forfeiting dreams or directions...no thank you. No way.

Do I want a romantic relationship?
No. Next question?

I'd like a t-shirt that says:

Single
In a relationship
X Who cares?

-Teresa

BeyondShy said:

Awww.. no I am kind of a skank myself but, I am a much better skank than that lady.. :)

So think about it.

I have realised that not everyone is meant to be in a couple. There's nothing wrong in coming home to an empty apartment. Occasionally, sadness and desperation will come up however, there's nothing wrong with being by yourself.
To answer the question, I would prefer companionship over a romantic relationship. Let me clarify, with a physical relationship many things can and will go wrong. At the end of the day, I want to be able to confide in someone and get a hug or hold hands. I sincerely hope more people start feeling this way since loneliness gets to me at times.

LonelySutton said:
BeyondShy said:

Awww.. no I am kind of a skank myself but, I am a much better skank than that lady.. :)

So think about it.

I don't know about that. While I've never seen a picture of you, LS, I remember you describing yourself on another thread and I thought from your description, you seemed attractive. Even if you don't have an English accent like I thought you had for some reason :)

But really, I'm sure you'll do fine if and when you decide to go looking again.

wildrice said:
I have realised that not everyone is meant to be in a couple. There's nothing wrong in coming home to an empty apartment. Occasionally, sadness and desperation will come up however, there's nothing wrong with being by yourself.
To answer the question, I would prefer companionship over a romantic relationship. Let me clarify, with a physical relationship many things can and will go wrong. At the end of the day, I want to be able to confide in someone and get a hug or hold hands. I sincerely hope more people start feeling this way since loneliness gets to me at times.

This sounds ideal.

Yes, I do want one.

But at the same time, I don't go out of my way to find it. For what it's worth, I do enjoy lots of things about being single. I won't throw that away unless this other someone would be a great fit.

And it seems lots of you think the same way, probably also someone around where I live who could be into me. Which means *we* will never find each other. Kinda ironic.

I'm actually afraid of relationships.
As much as I'd like one, I don't want to hurt the other person's feelings if things go south. I've seen what breakups do to people, and I never want to hurt someone's feelings.

Well, that and I find the commitment a bit much. I have to spend time alone, and I don't think I'd be able to do that in a relationship.

I just got out of a serious relationship. As much as I want another one, I think I'm too damaged for it.

I do want one but nobody else does heuheuhe. But that's okay! Cause... I am... ... ... ... something ... ...that can cope. ... ... ... and disassemble relationships as machines... ... and... ... not need them.

trueth said:
I just got out of a serious relationship. As much as I want another one, I think I'm too damaged for it.

Sorry to hear about that. Yeah, it does take time to mend the hurt, pain and broken heart from losing a loved one in that manner. Sometimes you never really get past it. But I hope you'll get better in time.

I haven't had one that could be called "romantic", so I'm not in a position to judge. I've had a phone relationship that simply ended, a surreal situation where I was the meal and she was the gourmand, a relationship as boring as staring at a beige wall, and a night in the cage of the female human equivalent of a wolverine in heat, so a "romantic" relationship is an unknown taste to my tongue.

boonieghoul said:
I haven't had one that could be called "romantic", so I'm not in a position to judge. I've had a phone relationship that simply ended, a surreal situation where I was the meal and she was the gourmand, a relationship as boring as staring at a beige wall, and a night in the cage of the female human equivalent of a wolverine in heat, so a "romantic" relationship is an unknown taste to my tongue.

Sorry for going off topic here but I just want to mention that it's nice to see a wordsmith posting on the forum. I like it! :)

-Teresa

ladyforsaken said:
trueth said:

Sorry to hear about that. Yeah, it does take time to mend the hurt, pain and broken heart from losing a loved one in that manner. Sometimes you never really get past it. But I hope you'll get better in time.

Me too but I can't get over it totally. I definitely don't want to be back with her but I feel like I'm too broken to be with anyone else..

Yes, I want one also, although I'm not actively looking for one right now. Last time I pursued someone it didn't go well at all and I'm sticking to waiting for the right person. Why enter a relationship that makes you more unhappy than happy, one where you're constantly doing most of the work, or one where your needs aren't being met? You can still love someone but have to do so at a distance. You can love someone but still not trust them or you might think the best of someone while they think the worst of you.

I have my weaknesses, my despairing days, but some compromises (like being treated like an option because they don't have a better one) I just can't do.

Latest posts

Back