Lies; a weird perspective

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But what if by telling the truth you're damaging someone? All these 'I prefer to know the truth' people are seeing it from their own perspective - not to quote a stupid famous movie line - but some people simply can't handle the truth, particularly when you're younger.

I've spoken to so many people with trust issues because they've been lied to when they were younger, a little lie here, another there, all the bullshit adds up and it changes people, I believe it's necessary in some situations to protect people.

I didn't sleep much last night because I found out that someone I am meant to trust has lied to me and told lies about me,I think personally I would rather have the truth even if it does hurt.

The truth ALWAYS comes out. SO compounding it with lies is much crueler in the long run.

9006 said:
But what if by telling the truth you're damaging someone? All these 'I prefer to know the truth' people are seeing it from their own perspective - not to quote a stupid famous movie line - but some people simply can't handle the truth, particularly when you're younger.

I've spoken to so many people with trust issues because they've been lied to when they were younger, a little lie here, another there, all the bullshit adds up and it changes people, I believe it's necessary in some situations to protect people.

Really appreciate this perspective.
The thing is it's always different depending on the situation, who lies etc etc I'm not saying anyone's wrong because no one can be when it comes to opinions, I just appreciate someone who knows what I mean

Latest posts

Back