Might be a roomate. What should I do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Seal The Albatros

Reaction score
So it turns out a couple of people I know have offered me a spot with them at an apartment next year. I currently live on campus. I really have no idea if I should take the offer or not.

On one hand, well, with what I'm assuming is depression coming back, and considering the pattern I've had in previous schools, I'll be hitting my emotionally toughest year next year. This may make things difficult. I'm also a bit of an introvert and feel uneasy when I'm around others for a very long time. I also wind up spending a lot of time on my own. I don't really have much experience with living in an apartment either.

On the other hand, this may be a chance to change things for the better. If I'm around others like this, that may decrease the chance that I will self-harm. This may also be a golden opportunity to make some friends. From what I've heard, comparing the prices between an apartment and living on-campus, living off-campus is cheaper. I also tend to get overly stressed before doing something new, but usually I can adapt to the change okay.

Just looking for opinions on what to do.

I have never lived in an apartment so I can't advise you but know I am here for you if you need me.

much love,
Sophicles.

I think you can only do what makes you comfortable. If you think it will help you, do it. If you don't, continue as you are.

Make a list of pros and cons of staying where you are and going to live somewhere else, see if that helps you.

You could tell the people who have offered you a spot with them that you are an introvert and that you need some time alone to recharge.

Latest posts

Back