Odd little thoughts

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Seal The Albatros

Reaction score
First of all, I apologize if whatever I say comes across as inconsiderate, selfish, or mean.
Just something that I've felt for the past few weeks. I'd love to see the world made better, but every day I hear more and more stories about how our own race runs itself into the ground. I don't want to be a part of it, but every day I keep finding myself thinking that it's inevitable and human nature, and that I should join in, if everyone else is going to do it and the world will collapse because of it anyway. Part of me considers harming myself every once in a while to punish myself for being a part of it.

In addition, I keep finding pointlessness in my actions, and finding myself reflecting that my existence really has no meaning. If that is so, than wouldn't that mean that I should stop caring about others and go down the most selfish of paths, because any acts of kindness I give is pointless? Not that I want to be selfish, just these thoughts I keep having.
In addition, I feel I should punish myself for worrying about this when people have it much worse.

It's not that I don't care about others, nor that I want to stop caring, it's that it's sort of killing me at the moment. I'm completely confused as to what perspective to look at things.

My Dear Mr. Seal,

Don't go down the path of misanthropy. I wouldn't want it for you. I care about you too much.

Sincerely,

Soph

Got some homework for you lol.

Read this.

http://markmanson.net/life-purpose

And if you feel up to it answer these questions.

http://www.marcandangel.com/2011/12/04/95-questions-to-help-you-find-meaning-and-happiness/

Or you know do neither one but they might help you....thats for you to decide.

Finding meaning in things can be tricky sometimes but i promise you theres meaning in everything, EVERYTHING. Its just a matter of whether we manage to catch a glimpse of it and remember why we do a thing or not. Another thing to think on, the state of the world comes from a lack of kindness to put it bluntly and if you go that route then youre no longer helping to make the world a better place but you become whats wrong with it. The fact that you made this post shows that you realize theres something wrong with that and that you dont want to become that.

Its all about perception, how you view yourself and the world. I watched a stand up comedian earlier with my wife. It felt real, you know what i mean? I was laughing, i felt alive, my wife was happy. Then i come back and sit at this comp and read these forums and i read about people struggling etc its a different kind of thing a different stateof mind. But that other place, that other perception, how i felt then its just as real as now.

I think if you spend too much time surrounded by negativity your own or others it can start to twist your viewpoint a bit. Maybe take a break from what youve been doing instead of looking for meaning just go out and have some fun do something you enjoy, if you dont enjoy anything then its definitely time to find something. Sometimes i go out and i just love the feel of the sun on my face and im thankful for that small thing. Its little things that make life worth living. Go find some of your own little things and build yourself back up. Lifes not pointless, the worlds not a black hole and there is meaning in your life. Dont let the world get you down man, it has a way of doing that. Thats why i ignore it alot of the time and live in my own world.

I think true meaning in life were born with, its not something you find, but something you take with you and give to others as a gift. Thats what i believe anyway. Hope some of this helps and you get to feeling better.

It can be hard to stay positive with negative people around, so don't be someone you don't want to be around!!

Latest posts

Back