What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why won't my Dad just watch a program and KEEP watching it !
flicking channels every 5 minutes DOES MY HEAD IN !

Midnight Sky said:
Triple Bogey said:
why won't my Dad just watch a program and KEEP watching it !
flicking channels every 5 minutes DOES MY HEAD IN !

Because there's nothing good to watch on cable anymore.

no, he watches sport mostly, so it's 5 minutes of football, then golf then tennis, then cricket, then back to golf, then something else and on and on for hours.

Trouble is I can't follow anything because you miss what's going on. So it's pointless watching it hence why I am on here writing this rubbish :)

I hate how a lot of characters from my childhood have been made skinnier and honeysuckle, I cite these as examples:

Polly Pocket
Care Bears
Rainbow Brite
Strawberry Shortcake
My Little Pony
Some Disney characters (Brave comes up a lot when I do searches on the topic of characters getting made thinner)
Some Barbie horses (I notice a lot of the modern horses I find these days are more "cartoony" and less detailed, often slimmer and more deer like)

And a reason I love My Little Pony as much as I do is that the characters are ponies/animals, not pretty/skinny girls to aspire to look like. Currently there is a line of "Equestria Girls" DOLLS riding on the G4 pony success, yah, DOLLS, like HUMAN DOLLS, SKINNY HUMAN DOLLS.

And nowadays a lot of things from my childhood seem (over) sexualised too, not just turned into "thinspo", and for some reason that really bothers me. I consider myself a very liberal and open minded person sexually, I'm the sort to not bat an eyelid or so much as flinch at even some extreme stuff, I hardly minded Rule 34 (still don't) but come on, for fresia sake it's like it's everywhere these days.

I ******* hate it.

Going off on a slightly different note... I love how my retro Sindy horses (I have 3) used the Marx horses line molds and thus look really horse like with proper proportions and lovely detailing.

Latest posts

Back