What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Littlesecret said:
The term 'black community' makes me sick, why is it acceptable for me to be accountable for others that share the same skin tone as me. Were all individuals and I shouldn't have to explain the actions of others, that I don't know nor care about.

Normally I don't comment on racial subjects, but I gotta say: I dig your statement. Seriously. +1 a dozen times over. I don't think tgat being a member of an ethnic/racial community necessarily means you must account for everything its members do...but among the more politicized, there seems to be an expectation for it. (I don't mean Black people particularly; it's true of every minority in the US--including my own.) You're declaring your independence & freedom of mind. I admire that.

I hate the way people make or say words to make something sound better. For example I hate the way 'chilling' or 'chillaxing' is used to make having fresia all to do sound cool.

MTrip said:
Littlesecret said:
The term 'black community' makes me sick, why is it acceptable for me to be accountable for others that share the same skin tone as me. Were all individuals and I shouldn't have to explain the actions of others, that I don't know nor care about.

Normally I don't comment on racial subjects, but I gotta say: I dig your statement. Seriously. +1 a dozen times over. I don't think tgat being a member of an ethnic/racial community necessarily means you must account for everything its members do...but among the more politicized, there seems to be an expectation for it. (I don't mean Black people particularly; it's true of every minority in the US--including my own.) You're declaring your independence & freedom of mind. I admire that.

Thanks for this comment, it's a great feeling to know that not everyone believes that the actions of a few reflect and involve the rest of an ethnic group.

I can understand why the term 'black community' was once used, but I would have thought that people would have progressed and ditched that term by now.
There was a quote by Morgan Freeman said a few years ago that I love, "How do we stop racism? We stop talking about it. I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man"

I think it sums up my point as well as contradicts but I had to really get that comment of my chest :p

*hugs* Littlesecret. I don't really know what else to say, but I hear you and hope you're okay.

jaguarundi said:
ladyforsaken said:
..But I'm not sure if I have it in me to do that. Thinking of leaving home and moving out on my own makes me feel so bad already. Required an army to assure me that it's not something selfish for me to do and that I should do what I want to do if it's for my own good.

There is a huge difference between being selfish and refusing to sacrifice yourself. They have no right to ask you to do that, particularly since it does not appear that they have any intention to put themselves to any inconvenience. In fact if all of them did just a bit, you would not have to make yourself ill in a job you don't like, yes?

If you choose to go, to live your own life for a change instead of one imposed upon you, those of your family who love you will still be there. Those who are not still there, don't love you.

And why be around people who don't - family or not?🌸

Aww, that kinda made me cry.. but thanks jag. <3
You make a lot of sense there.. it just hurts a bit I guess to realise that you don't really have support from "family". :\

'All stations, this train stops at all stations, thank you.'... "erm, excuse me, does this train stop at..."

******* idiots.

Too f***king far this time. *Sigh* I think a visit to my solicitor is needed. So grateful for my boyfriend he puts men like him in perspective.

In other thoughts why people need to change facts to suit themselves and conveniently forget their own participation is beyond me. Well if that makes them feel better go ahead.

I need to move on. Carrying around this broken heart is too painful and is negatively affecting everything else.

Thinking of joining some sort of oversees volunteer program to Costa Rica for a few months because life is boring and I'm wasting it doing nothing worthwhile. Stay tuned while I don't go through with it/forget the idea completely! Nice thought though.

Heisenburger said:
Thinking of joining some sort of oversees volunteer program to Costa Rica for a few months because life is boring and I'm wasting it doing nothing worthwhile. Stay tuned while I don't go through with it/forget the idea completely! Nice thought though.

Sounds incredibly worthwhile😼 So why not do it?? Go on ... Do it😸

10 day break over !
Back to work tomorrow. The weather has been terrible but managed to occupy myself.
5 rounds of golf, 3 photo trips, 1 football match, 1 cinema visit, 1 coffee date

jaguarundi said:
Heisenburger said:

Sounds incredibly worthwhile😼 So why not do it?? Go on ... Do it😸

It does sound worthwhile. The practical and clinical side of my brain says I would have to quit my job (which I don't like anyway tbh) and return to unemployment. Plus with moving out this year I'll have the issue of paying rent and whatnot when I'm on the other side of the world for months... but my impulsive "stop worrying and enjoy life dammit" side says "Who cares! Just do it!" We'll see :D I'll be looking into it for sure.

I am thinking I am still a newbie. Yes I get lonely. So many who post here need a hug, i don't know anyone yet. I need hugs to, My life is at crossroads.

Sudden big changes have hurt me lately, but they also have made me strong. I am always looking to improve. Loneliness and being alone are different. I have made enough space in my life to share. Now I am looking for love and friends who fit. The sting of modern life makes it a challenge. Do I feel rejected or take it personal No, I look forward and move on.

I hope that the time I invested to join and post will be a rewarded effort. That's what I am thinking. Now time to fly and spend time outside. It is so lovely 65 is the high today

Rosewood said:
I am thinking I am still a newbie. Yes I get lonely. So many who post here need a hug, i don't know anyone yet. I need hugs to, My life is at crossroads.

Sudden big changes have hurt me lately, but they also have made me strong. I am always looking to improve. Loneliness and being alone are different. I have made enough space in my life to share. Now I am looking for love and friends who fit. The sting of modern life makes it a challenge. Do I feel rejected or take it personal No, I look forward and move on.

I hope that the time I invested to join and post will be a rewarded effort. That's what I am thinking. Now time to fly and spend time outside. It is so lovely 65 is the high today

Hi newbie :) *hug*

Life would be much better if there were more hugs involved.

I hope you find this forum to be a great resource. I wish you luck on your big life changes and on your search to find love and friends.

Littlesecret said:

and you know, you never hear the term "white community"

I prefer to be a part of something called the "human community" :cool:

Latest posts

Back