What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the guy above me autistic? No offence! The question was what I was thinking. I'm also thinking I'm drunk and I should shut up! lol

Haven't visited this site for 3 months, and there's a reason for that. This website is depressing, and just seeing all the miserable people here only makes me feel more miserable myself. I'm going to have to stop procrastinating and tell the mods here to delete my account (or raise some serious hell so I can get banned).

Also, to all the people here: If you want to not be so lonely, try to get out more often so you can possibly meet REAL people. Internet friends don't help much with loneliness.

Step away from that **** computer, and go outside. It's as simple as that.

SolitudeAeturnus said:
Also, to all the people here: If you want to not be so lonely, try to get out more often so you can possibly meet REAL people. Internet friends don't help much with loneliness.

While I agree with getting off the **** computer and going outside, I don't agree with saying that internet friends don't do much.  I have some very good internet friends, not only from here, but also other places online.  They are better friends to me than some of my IRL friends. 
Just depends what you are looking for, really.  You get what you put into any place you visit, whether it's online or off.

TheRealCallie said:
SolitudeAeturnus said:

While I agree with getting off the **** computer and going outside, I don't agree with saying that internet friends don't do much.  I have some very good internet friends, not only from here, but also other places online.  They are better friends to me than some of my IRL friends. 
Just depends what you are looking for, really.  You get what you put into any place you visit, whether it's online or off.

Yeah, that's a strange thing to say. I ended up married to an Internet friend. I have met some Internet friends in the real world. I currently have an awesome Internet friend that I communicate with pretty much every day. They've certainly had a positive impact upon my loneliness and, in fact, my life in general.

Most people watch TV or play a game or something when they're bored... they don't ask women for Youtube music links to workout to and then bombard them with squat videos. Hmmm... maybe I should be charging for this service... kerching.

Thinking about how still it is outside tonight with the snow, will be falling until the morning. Glad I'm feeling pretty relaxed and about to get a decent sleep. Happy I spent some connect time with my daughter today. It doesn't happen enough and I treasure that...
Peace,
Joe

user 130057 said:
TheRealCallie said:
SolitudeAeturnus said:

Yeah, that's a strange thing to say. I ended up married to an Internet friend. I have met some Internet friends in the real world. I currently have an awesome Internet friend that I communicate with pretty much every day. They've certainly had a positive impact upon my loneliness and, in fact, my life in general.

Most people watch TV or play a game or something when they're bored... they don't ask women for Youtube music links to workout to and then bombard them with squat videos. Hmmm... maybe I should be charging for this service... kerching.

I am still chuckling away at this, you did ask for any youtube video!  Can't beat a bit if Chesney Hawkes to lift to!   Aww thanks you are awesome too :D

If I stop to think about what I'm thinking I'll never get around to submitting this post...

...seriously this wouldn't be possible if I wasn't treating this a free writing exercise.

It's been snowing for a couple of hours now and there's a couple of inches on the ground. I hope it keeps up until there's at least 6 inches.

Why do some people think everyone else has to be considerate of them? They don't have to be. You make your own choices. Stop blaming everyone else for your lack of control.

Flu paranoia is seriously kicking in hardcore. I think the paranoia is worse since my kid got the fllu last year. I make them tell me every morning on the way to school what they should and should not be doing during flu season. Yeah, I'm horrible, but no one WANTS to get the flu, right?

Should I have just stood there and let that woman cough her filthy germs all over me, without putting her hand over her mouth, instead of moving away and waiting further down the line when we were talking? I looked rude probably, but can't afford to get ill.

Some people are so thoughtless, but maybe that includes me?

Why do I love the sound of rain tapping on the window yet tear the place up when a tap drips? Weird.

9006 said:
Why do I love the sound of rain tapping on the window yet tear the place up when a tap drips? Weird.

I did read once that back in the day, the sound of outside rain meant one was presumably inside somewhere and safe from outside predators which might have something to do with it. Who knows really though.

Paraiyar said:
9006 said:

I did read once that back in the day, the sound of outside rain meant one was presumably inside somewhere and safe from outside predators which might have something to do with it. Who knows really though.

You mean like from a primeval time? My guess is how you link an emotion or memory with it, for example rain and stormy weather is relaxing to me so that would make sense, but a dripping tap is just a defect and always described as an annoyance in movies and cartoons (Erm... not that I actually watch cartoons
rolleyes.gif
). Physiologically this could make the difference.

But yeah, you're right. It's all just speculation. lol

9006 said:
Paraiyar said:
9006 said:

You mean like from a primeval time? My guess is how you link an emotion or memory with it, for example rain and stormy weather is relaxing to me so that would make sense, but a dripping tap is just a defect and always described as an annoyance in movies and cartoons (Erm... not that I actually watch cartoons
rolleyes.gif
). Physiologically this could make the difference.

But yeah, you're right. It's all just speculation. lol

Maybe because you know you can't help the rain or storm, while a dripping faucet shouldn't happen? Rain and storms relax me, too. I get the best sleep while it's raining.

Latest posts

Back