What is the one song/track you would want played at your funeral?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinzeUK

Reaction score
I think I would have to go with this utterly sublime beaut of a track that I heard years ago on a mediocre VA artists chillout CD. It quietly blew me away then and it still does every single time I hear it:

[video=youtube]

My tie-in track next to this would have been "Telling Stories" by The Charlatans. Either of these basically. Two tracks that mean more to me than anything else I've heard before or since.

So what would be your choice? I look forward to seeing your posts.

Have a nice Easter Sunday everyone x

I think I would have to go with this utterly sublime beaut of a track that I heard years ago on a mediocre VA artists chillout CD. It quietly blew me away then and it still does every single time I hear it:

[video=youtube]

My tie-in track next to this would have been "Telling Stories" by The Charlatans. Either of these basically. Two tracks that mean more to me than anything else I've heard before or since.

So what would be your choice? I look forward to seeing your posts.

Have a nice Easter Sunday everyone x

*Just realised I somehow posted this twice - can admin please remove one of these posts please if they are reading this? I tried but am unable to for some reason.

Thanks

I'd have to put some thought into my answer but I've heard a few times that the countdown music is very popular.

I don't want a funeral. I want to maintain my family's tradition of being cremated and kept in a dusty back corner of a shelf.

annik said:
I'd have to put some thought into my answer but I've heard a few times that the countdown music is very popular.

I'd have to surpress a snorted laugh if that ever played at a funeral!

Well... having given this some thought I'd have to go with "Song to the Siren" by "This Mortal Coil". I reckon that would have them weeping in the aisles or at least appreciating my late 80's indie back catalogue.

LoneKiller said:
"Good Riddance" Green Day

Great choice that one of my favourites too

whispers said:
This would be the one, i listen to it every night to fall asleep

[video=youtube]

That's a lovely track and I can see why you listen to that at night; it's the sort of thing I listen too a lot on youtube. Btw, if you want to know how to post youtube videos so they show up (I only found this out the other night thanks to Eve), when you type out your post if you look above the text window where you have the row of icons after B I U and all the left/centre/right tabs etc look at the end where there is a little tv icon with a drop down arrow. Just click on that and scroll down to 'youtube' then just paste the youtube link in the box and hey presto.

Sometimes it might just show up in the text box anyways but either way, that's how you do it for future reference

whispers said:
Thank you !!! i was puzzled lol

It's ok hun I still had to think about how to do it

Jilted John said:

Btw, if you want to know how to post youtube videos so they show up (I only found this out the other night thanks to Eve), when you type out your post if you look above the text window where you have the row of icons after B I U and all the left/centre/right tabs etc look at the end where there is a little tv icon with a drop down arrow. Just click on that and scroll down to 'youtube' then just paste the youtube link in the box and hey presto.

[video=youtube]

(great choice btw)

Dust in the wind by Kansas.

Not that anyone will show up. I've thought about having my will updated to have my estate split among anyone who shows up at my funeral. :p

The Good Citizen said:
I'd have to go with "Song to the Siren" by "This Mortal Coil".

Beautiful song, though I can't agree on the version...

[youtube]vMTEtDBHGY4[/youtube]

I was just thinking....if I wind up passing on without having a wife or family, I might have myself cremated, loaded as buffer into shotgun shells, and have my shooting buddies go to my favorite sporting clay courses around the country and shoot me out. :)

annik said:

hey its your funeral..:p

Yeah the original is a great song too but love Liz Fraser's vocals.

"Tim Buckley's son Jeff wrote to her (Liz Fraser( when he heard the This Mortal Coil cover and, a couple of years before he drowned, aged 30, in 1997, they had a relationship."

Well I never knew that..

annik said:
The Good Citizen said:
I'd have to go with "Song to the Siren" by "This Mortal Coil".

[youtube]vMTEtDBHGY4[/youtube]

Really like that song, never heard it before so thanks for that :).

Latest posts

Back