What was Your First Song?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
Do you remember what the first song was that you heard that got you into the type of music you listen to now?

For me it was Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down. Until I heard that song, I was always into country music. It was the first rock song I ever remember hearing and I thought it was amazing! It's still my favorite song. Forever after I would be into alternative, hard rock, etc. I hate country now.

So what was yours?

Damaged, by Queensryche. That song shook the rafters above my musical foundation!

I was in the 5th grade :p
The kiss alive II version Kicks Ass...
They use to send me to detention becuase I painted my finger nails black.
It's devils's music...lmao
[youtube]-qEA-JUYcn8[/youtube]

I used to rock to this song and album doing my paper route..lmao
[youtube]5tjcU1Pqo-w[/youtube]

Then I grew up into this in Middle School...F thaT..man was playing the crap forward.lmao
[youtube]7mHe6FMs46o[/youtube]

I was the first dude to get Mettalica in HS when they first came out and wasn't even famouse.
my friends where like WTF are you listen too...lmao
[youtube]C4nCy5CITc8[/youtube]

The first metal I listened to was actually Dethklok. But the first song that really got me in to death metal was Gods of War by Manowar. I don't really like the newer songs/performances by them, though. Now I'm all about Amon Amarth, Tyr, Korpiklaani, etc. And...sometimes Gorgoroth. :p

The first thing to get me in to jazz was...pretty much the entire Cowboy Bebop soundtrack. Since then I definitely listen to NPR more in my car, and I've been to a live jazz concert which was pretty kickass.

I would have to say Uptown Girl by Billy Joel.......lmao

I was 5 years old and in kindergarden and i knew the whole song word by word. I begged my dad to take me to the store and buy me the record (Yes, te record) lol and he ended up buying me the tape, which i think was the first tape I ever owned.

Lol, my first album ("borrowed" from my step dad) was Black Sabbath's greatest hits (played on a crappy walkman knock off). My first song was Iron Man (I still won't hear anything said about that song, it's a classic I tell ya :p )

bring me to life by Evanescence

definatly :D

[youtube]K3ORuIBjjBU[/youtube]

ya lols
how many of you guys saw that comming?

i guess complicated by avril lavigne and some good charlotte helped with that push too

:)

I was in the back at work yesterday and Kryptonite came on. I was totally air guitaring when a fellow employee came around the corner. So embarrassing!

Marilyn Manson's 'This Is The New honeysuckle'. Before then i was into rap (puke). I don't listen to his music anymore, because he's a Anti Christian **********, but a ********** that made me buy a Bible (to see what he hates so much), which made me become a Christian :cool:

Punisher said:
Marilyn Manson's 'This Is The New honeysuckle'. Before then i was into rap (puke). I don't listen to his music anymore, because he's a Anti Christian **********, but a ********** that made me buy a Bible (to see what he hates so much), which made me become a Christian :cool:

Lol, are you serious? Manson said he hopes he'd be the one known to stamp out Christianity forever. Guess he's not doing such a good job. :p

Jesse said:
Punisher said:

Lol, are you serious? Manson said he hopes he'd be the one known to stamp out Christianity forever. Guess he's not doing such a good job. :p

I'm serious, i was an atheist before i was a fan of his :p

Until i wake up by Dishwalla. I think it was round 2001 in the 4th episode/2nd season of Charmed. Before that i was into pop commercial britney like stuff (i was 11 or smthn though). And i didn't have internet back then.. so what choice did i have.
glad to say that i still love Dishwalla.

The first song that got me into rock was, well, it was the entire album Back in Black, which was the very first record I bought with my own money. My parents were not thrilled. heh I think I used all of my birthday money to buy it when it came out. I was 12.

[youtube]tXaZmY52gHM[/youtube]

Then I heard the Budokan album in its entirety at a sleepover at my best friend's house and immediately went out and bought that. That cemented my Cheap Trick love. Ten thousand screaming teen-aged Japanese girls and 30+ straight years of touring can't be wrong. ;-)

[youtube]-Zhul9E6arw[/youtube]

first song i heard that got me into the music i am into now... i suppose it all started a long, long time ago, in a country far, far away...

in austria actually, i was 7 and we were on our way to australia, there i bought (or had bought for me) a tape of pop greatest hits, i can only remember the name of one song from that tape, Heart Of Glass by Blondie, the others i only know when i hear them and it brings on such powerful nostalgia i get dizzy.

that tape had groove and a sweet up lifting back beat feel.. so this is the core of my tastes now.. but i have run a gamut of tastes since and it is important to note my obsession with Led Zeppelin, Metalica and The Doors whilst in high school...

I remember the first tape I had of a band. Bon Jovi.

I remember the first CD i had of a band. MC Hammer.

The first song that probably got me started in my music tastes would probably be nine inch nail- head like a hole. But i didnt know it at that time, and then i eventually moved over to the alternative side, because im no country 'hick', or a hip-hoping wannabe gangsta. Then eventually I found nine inch nails the downward spiral, and I thought that was a musical masterpiece. My search for more industrial music bad begun. I started with many of the more popular ones. Front 242, kmfdm, pig, white zombie. marilyn manson, front line assembly, skinny puppy, ministry, chemlab.. then some of the not so pupular. mdfmk, mentallo and the fixer, oneiroid psychosis, das ich, shaft, meat beat manefesto, 16 volt, bile, vnv nation, etc etc... and after the industrial phase i went through techno, trance, and all that electronic music garbage.. now its gregorian chant fuzed electronic tribal. I also like music that is really complex, to the point of makeing your brain tingle..like shpongle, and infected mushroom, and mindless self indulgence, and juno reactor.

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
in austria actually, i was 7 and we were on our way to australia, there i bought (or had bought for me) a tape of pop greatest hits, i can only remember the name of one song from that tape, Heart Of Glass by Blondie, the others i only know when i hear them and it brings on such powerful nostalgia i get dizzy.

Ooh, Blondie. I remember "Call Me" and "Rapture" hit big when we were in middle school.

wall flowers - one head light. i dont listen to it now, and i didnt relate to it at all. but that was the song that got me into music.

Latest posts

Back