Authors A-Z

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zane Gray, no I think it is Zane Grey. Only read one of his books and that was back in High School.

Beatrix Potter
“With opportunity the world is very interesting.”

David Sedaris

“I hate you' she said to me one afternoon. 'I really, really hate you.' Call me sensitive, but I couldn't help but take it personally.”

Frances Ellen Watkins Harper

“We are all bound up together in one great bundle of humanity,
and society cannot trample on the weakest and feeblest of its
members without receiving the curse on its own soul”

Gogol, Nikolai
"Nothing could be more pleasant than to live in solitude, enjoy the spectacle of nature, and occasionally read some book."

Henry Lawson

"There is poetry in the Australian landscape, and it is up to us to capture its beauty."

That one has Okie all over it.

Jimi Hendrix

"Although your world wonders me
With your majestic and superior cackling hen
Your people I do not understand
"

Yeah I cheated.

Lovecraft

I am going to skip the quote on this one, just to make it clear that it isn't required, It is just something that we have been throwing in for the heck of it.

^^ I know, I almost forgot the subject of the forum a few times and almost posted a quote by someone who wasn't an author! : )

Milne, A.A.

I know, I almost forgot the subject of the forum a few times and almost posted a quote by someone who wasn't an author! : )

Well I did that with Hendrix since 'author' seems to imply books, poems, articles and that type of thing.

Nietzsche

Percy Bysshe Shelley

"The more we study the more we discover our ignorance."

"When my cats aren't happy, I'm not happy. Not because I care about their mood but because I know they're just sitting there thinking up ways to get even."

Quentin Bell -- I'll throw in a quote here, because it's a good one : )

A book is so much a part of oneself that in delivering it to the public one feels as if one were pushing one's own child out into the traffic.

Rudyard Kipling

"Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears."

Latest posts

Back