I've Lost My Sense of Humor

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not totally. I mean, I still have a good laugh with tears and belly aches sometimes when I get together with my one friend that sometimes comes camping with me, but I very rarely even chuckle when I watch comedy TV shows or movies or even comedy performances. I just don't find what is said and done in such shows humorous at all. I find it stupid, inane, low brow, simple, annoying or pathetic. On the rare occasion I actually LOL when I read a book, because of a situational scene, and I love that. I enjoyed the comedy of Seinfeld , The IT Crowd and British comedy shows of the 70's and 80's, and several movies of that era ( Fletch comes to mind) but today's TV shows, well, I might watch them sometimes, but I'm not laughing at all. I've been in social circles where people have been laughing their heads off at some "joke" and I'm looking around like "What the heck was so funny?" Is it just me getting older or has the quality of comedy declined? I guess I'm asking people of my vintage (I'm a Gen Xer) because I'm supposing most younger people really like TBBT and whatever else is playing these days.
Displaying emotions openly has become taboo. When was the last time you head anyone singing or whistling? No one does over here ....... ever.

I tell you what. Let's meet and have a roaring good laugh together! And bring your friend with you!

Displaying emotions openly has become taboo. When was the last time you head anyone singing or whistling? No one does over here ....... ever.

I tell you what. Let's meet and have a roaring good laugh together! And bring your friend with you!
Scandinavia has always been an interest to me, but I know I’ll never get there now. Not unless somehow pays for a first class ticket. I whistle often actually, and would sing if I had the voice for it. I used to enjoy meeting people on my travels. It’s harder and harder to find something to laugh heartily about these days.

Scandinavia has always been an interest to me, but I know I’ll never get there now. Not unless somehow pays for a first class ticket.
I'll meet you "half" way on the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria. A really wonderful place to be.
I whistle often actually, and would sing if I had the voice for it.
So do (did) I.
I used to enjoy meeting people on my travels.
I traveled for a cumulative 7 years overland around the globe. Those were the Tony Wheeler years but if you're a camper then I'm guessing you're a swagman on a different level than I.
It’s harder and harder to find something to laugh heartily about these days.
Yes, it's true.

When was the last time you head anyone singing or whistling?
Every time I go out in public, there is someone singing, humming or whistling.

You know, the more I read here about people in other countries, it makes me sad. It's vastly different from America sometimes, I can't even comprehend. You all just need to come here, I think it might solve all your problems. lol (kidding, kind of)

Every time I go out in public, there is someone singing, humming or whistling.
Loonies!
You know, the more I read here about people in other countries, it makes me sad. It's vastly different from America sometimes, I can't even comprehend.
True.
You all just need to come here, I think it might solve all your problems. lol (kidding, kind of)
No thanks. I lived 20 years in the US. They sent me to Vietnam for a year. No problem-solving there. And after that I had a gun pointed at my face on two seperate occasions by strangers "as a joke". Problem solving? Hmmmmm. I have since (as a civilian) been shot at, come under mortar and rocket fire, stones thrown at me by a crowd, and a few other nasty experiences ..... none of it happened in Sweden. But now that we've been coerced into joing NATO it will all change I'm sure.

Loonies!

True.

No thanks. I lived 20 years in the US. They sent me to Vietnam for a year. No problem-solving there. And after that I had a gun pointed at my face on two seperate occasions by strangers "as a joke". Problem solving? Hmmmmm. I have since (as a civilian) been shot at, come under mortar and rocket fire, stones thrown at me by a crowd, and a few other nasty experiences ..... none of it happened in Sweden. But now that we've been coerced into joing NATO it will all change I'm sure.
Well, I live in a close knit Rural America community, so it's probably a little different where I live. lol

Latest posts

Back