Life Facts DAILY!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
A place to post my mostly useless facts, lets start...

If you have bad handwriting, don't worry, more intelligent people tend to think faster, and as a result their handwriting is more sloppy.

Psychology claims the reason why we care about the approval from strangers online is because they have no social obligation to lie to us.

^ Interesting. Would that be a part of why kids take cyber-bullying so much to heart do you think? (sorry, you may not want this thread to be a debate, but it did make me wonder about that).

jaguarundi said:
^ Interesting. Would that be a part of why kids take cyber-bullying so much to heart do you think?

That's along the lines of what I thought. And I always think that when you're young it makes more of a difference.

9006 said:
jaguarundi said:
^ Interesting. Would that be a part of why kids take cyber-bullying so much to heart do you think?

That's along the lines of what I thought. And I always think that when you're young it makes more of a difference.

Hmm. I have watched TV segments that say that cyber bullying is so horrible because it happens in the person's (well child/teenager's usually) own home, and I have to say that although I can see that as being an issue, it never felt to me like the whole thing?

OK so it means the poor bullied person cannot ever get away from it, or have a refuge, and I understand that.

But - these poor desperate younglings with problems who say on some forum or other that they want to kill themselves, to have trollish little shits say - YAY go do it.... I mean, I can see the idea forming that 'even people who do not know me think that I am worthless, so it must be true.'

And I often think that seeing something in writing can give it much more of an impact than when someone says it.

And absolutely as you say, especially to the young. [sigh]

ps - I think about 'stuff' a lot, it's an advantage of age and experience. So I like the idea of a daily 'think about this...' thread. Keep 'em coming please..

jaguarundi said:
Hmm. I have watched TV segments that say that cyber bullying is so horrible because it happens in the person's (well child/teenager's usually) own home, and I have to say that although I can see that as being an issue, it never felt to me like the whole thing?

OK so it means the poor bullied person cannot ever get away from it, or have a refuge, and I understand that.

I can kinda understand this as it's something that would follow that person, ether on their phone, tablet, or computer whenever and wherever they use it. From a psychological point it's probably worse when at home because that's when people let their 'guard' down and relax, and it's usually on their own.

jaguarundi said:
But - these poor desperate younglings with problems who say on some forum or other that they want to kill themselves, to have trollish little shits say - YAY go do it.... I mean, I can see the idea forming that 'even people who do not know me think that I am worthless, so it must be true.'

And I often think that seeing something in writing can give it much more of an impact than when someone says it.

And absolutely as you say, especially to the young. [sigh]

ps - I think about 'stuff' a lot, it's an advantage of age and experience. So I like the idea of a daily 'think about this...' thread. Keep 'em coming please..

Generally I think that even younger people are not all the same (though may have very similar thinking patterns) so things like online bullying effects them in different ways. I find it pretty easy to dismiss something someone says about me online or in real life but go back 10 years and I don't think it would be as easy, I'd probably dwell more and if it's something I wrong about that also received negative comments then I'm sure that would accumulate.

9006 said:
Psychology claims the reason why we care about the approval from strangers online is because they have no social obligation to lie to us.

^ Where did you find that information? I've always thought this myself but I haven't seen the research on it (I'm assuming there is some to back up the claim).

Just various resources.

It's a natural human instinct to trust less people as we get older.

jaguarundi said:
So where is today's fact? It says 'daily'??

Above where you posted.

Danielle said:
it is a fact that we all live on planet earth.... well....most of us :p

Not in my imagination! I live on the moon where it's nice and quiet, and I have a dog named Riley.

So where is today's fact? It says 'daily'??

Above where you posted.

honeysuckle, so it was. In my defence girl-cat was trying to climb on my laptop at the same time as I was trying to read the post!

It's a fact jagmeanie makes a lot of excuses for her frequent faux pas and refuses to accept responsibility.

Just wanted to make a contribution 9006 :D

Stress weakens your immune system and leaves you more vulnerable to disease and infection.

I think I posted that once before.

The best way to escape from the past isn't to avoid and forget it, but instead to accept and forgive it.

I have no idea if that one is supported by empirical evidence, but anecdotally I can say that I believe it to be true.

I certainly think when I have been stressed I got more colds and suchlike, but was it the stress, or because I was dashing around like a lunatic, and not sleeping or eating right?

Also I had a previously fairly healthy older friend whose battle with her son's violent psychotic episodes seemed to weaken her greatly. She went down with cancer, and subsequently died. Whether the stress caused the cancer - I don't know. However, she certainly delayed seeing the doctor because of it, which had to be a contributory factor in her death.

9006 said:
Stress weakens your immune system and leaves you more vulnerable to disease and infection.

Yep, for sure. It has certainly been true for me. I recently saw a report that talked about how lot of research now is pointing to stress playing a bigger part in sickness (including disease and heart attacks and etc.) than diet or any other factor.

Do you mind if I add one? =] I just found this:

1504416_775252519162428_2117799437_o.jpg

No idea how they figured that out, but interesting if true.

You can add if you want. They base their space to matter ratio calculations on the current understanding of quantum physics; at that level there is a lot of empty "space".

Sometimes, you don't need advice, you just need somebody to listen.

Another for yesterday I missed:

Eating a banana for breakfast can help you feel less groggy in the morning.

9006 said:
Eating a banana for breakfast can help you feel less groggy in the morning.

Screw the banana, gimme caffeine
For the people that tend to think like me, don't even go there..... :club:

Latest posts

Back