What was Your First Song?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother used to have a tape of Metallica's S/T album. He would always rewind it to the very beginning, listen to Enter Sandman and stop it. I didn't really care for the song because at the time, I liked rap music. This is '91, by the way... lol. Eazy-mothafuckin-E was king. I walked into my brother's room and hit play on his stereo just to create some noise. The song that started playing, as some of you know, was "Sad But True". That was the first time I've ever played air guitar. It also lead me to find other thrash, like... SLAYER!

scarsacrossthesky said:
My brother used to have a tape of Metallica's S/T album. He would always rewind it to the very beginning, listen to Enter Sandman and stop it. I didn't really care for the song because at the time, I liked rap music. This is '91, by the way... lol. Eazy-mothafuckin-E was king. I walked into my brother's room and hit play on his stereo just to create some noise. The song that started playing, as some of you know, was "Sad But True". That was the first time I've ever played air guitar. It also lead me to find other thrash, like... SLAYER!

Lol, I used to be down with Tha E.A.Z.Y.E :D

I never really listened to popular music until I discovered this file sharing platform called AudioGalaxy (back when it was free and illegal). Then I found rock bands like Bon Jovi and then started experimenting with metal, which is now my main genre. I guess one of the first songs I heard has to have been Iced Earth's 'Watching over Me'. After that it was Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Rhapsody, etc etc

i was young.
it was whatever year that album came out.
i would wake up to my alarm clock radio on whatever rock station came through. one morning, as my alarm clock went off, at the very same second,
'today' by The Smashing Pumpkins' started playing.
i remember feeling shocked like "wooah, what is THIS!". it was at that exact moment i remember wanting to play guitar and get rid of my michael jackson albums.
i dont think it was even a week before i bought that cassette and was rocking it out evey day. so, from there it went on and on to where my vast musical taste is now. amen.

loketron said:
i was young.
it was whatever year that album came out.
i would wake up to my alarm clock radio on whatever rock station came through. one morning, as my alarm clock went off, at the very same second,
'today' by The Smashing Pumpkins' started playing.
i remember feeling shocked like "wooah, what is THIS!". it was at that exact moment i remember wanting to play guitar and get rid of my michael jackson albums.
i dont think it was even a week before i bought that cassette and was rocking it out evey day. so, from there it went on and on to where my vast musical taste is now. amen.

:O That's madness... madness I tell you!

Hello Everyone,

I think till I remember my first song was 'Every night in my dreams ' from Titanic.
Titanic was the first movie which I have seen in the cinema with friends.

Jesse said:
Do you remember what the first song was that you heard that got you into the type of music you listen to now?

Yeah it was "Then Play On" though i pretty much ignored the genre until several years after that.

What was Your First Song?​

My first song? I'm not sure but I do remember 'my first time' (if you know what I mean) and the song on the radio as we fumbled about was "Sugar Shack" by Jimmy Gilmer - I was 16 and the year was 1963.

Latest posts

Back