Your First Click

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okidoke

It’s probably futile
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you log into this forum, what is the first thing you click on? How do you use the forum?

I first click the "mail" if there are any, then the "notifications" bell if there are any, then I click the "what's new" link. After that I may click the "new posts" link.

I ask because I see that sometimes people don't notice a new thread for quite some time, and then I wonder how they notice it eventually.

Let's see how long this takes to get noticed. :)

If I get any notifications, I'll click those first and go from there. If not, I'll peruse the site to see if there any new posts and check those first.

How do you peruse the site? Where do you look first? And WOW, you saw this thread fast lol

Hmm. After reading the site menu, I'll check "General" first. I'll also check the "Entertainment" section. The "Loneliness" section I'll save for last.
Assuming, of course, I read it at all. To be honest, I feel like I don't have much to say on those subjects at this point.

Hmm. After reading the site menu, I'll check "General" first. I'll also check the "Entertainment" section. The "Loneliness" section I'll save for last.
Assuming, of course, I read it at all. To be honest, I feel like I don't have much to say on those subjects at this point.
have you ever just clicked "What's New", which shows you threads with new posts you haven't seen?

I have not. Despite it being on top of the screen, I seldom notice it. I prefer to explore the forum on my own and see what comes up.
fair enough. that is one way to find stuff you haven't seen. i don't have the time to trawl that much. sometimes though, at the bottom of a thread, there are suggestions of similar threads and I do check them occasionally.

I'll check PMs and notifications first, but after that I always start at the bottom and work my way up. So Debate section gets viewed first, newbie section last. That's done in the morning only though. After that, I'll just click the What's new button....unless there's a lot of new honeysuckle, then I'll work my way up from the bottom.

I'll check PMs and notifications first, but after that I always start at the bottom and work my way up. So Debate section gets viewed first, newbie section last. That's done in the morning only though. After that, I'll just click the What's new button....unless there's a lot of new honeysuckle, then I'll work my way up from the bottom.
so "forums" is your first click after mail and bell. i like how you go from bottom to top, interesting.

so "forums" is your first click after mail and bell. i like how you go from bottom to top, interesting.
Actually I don't think I've ever clicked "forums.". I click the A Lonely Life icon at the very top.

I also go from the bottom up in each section, so I essentially leave it like it was found, except for the threads I choose not to post in, of course.

I scroll the homepage, to see if any of the posts have contributions from people I enjoy reading.

There was a guy on YouTube I used to think was funny, he would rant about things and as he did, he would talk faster, angrier, and louder, swinging his arms wildly, building up into a crescendo at the very end.

I didn't agree with him on all his opinions but I liked his delivery.

He would end with,

WHAT'S NEXT!
WHAT'S NEXT!
WHAT'S NEXT!

I usually go through what's new and react to stuff. I also like going through notifications and checking those out. 😁
Oh and when I'm done here or on any thread I go right back to what's new.

Notifications and DMs first.
When I came back, I made sure to mark everything as "read". And now I just use anything that's emboldened to catch-up on what's new.
Like Callie, I also use the ALL logo at the top to navigate back to homepage. Or the breadcrumbs at top or bottom of each page.

Latest posts

Back