On confidence

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
I think the matter of confidence, more specifically Male confidence, has been a more common theme than usual as of late. Some people are desperate to find it, while I think some are afraid to have it because they don't want to be a *********, or appear arrogant. I think the confident guy that gets all the ladies is often associated with partying and bragging, and being drunk and obnoxious. At least, I used to make that association a lot.

But I would like to make some distinguishments.

Confidence is not this guy:

o_douche-bag-cole.jpg

Yeah, there's probably a woman hanging off of him. There always will be. She's attracted to cheap thrills and doesn't know any better, because she's a shameless drunk and hasn't met you yet. Oh well. Don't let it distract you from the fundamentals. He doesn't actually have anything to be confident about, he just pretends.

Confidence is not...well...confidence MIGHT be this guy, but there are probably other, more pertinent attributes to his personality:

http://seemelgo.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/*********.png?w=500&h=400

He might, at some point, have women hanging off of him. But only because they will literally mistake him for a beach, and be lured in to his trap by their desire for a fun day in the sun and surf (only to find themselves entangled in his hair and sticky with his beastly, fermenting sweat).

No, sirs. Confidence...is this guy:

3787101-an-young-nice-successful-guy-in-suit.jpg

He has substance, and has created success. He is a shining sun, and has nothing to fear from Exhibit A. Moreover, he -knows- that he has nothing to fear from Exhibit A, because he is superior. He doesn't need to

Latest posts

Back