Point of this forum?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jana said:
Of course there are solutions. And I'm a little confused as to why someone who has friends and/or family would even be on here? I keep seeing, "I'm so lonely, I only have my family. Or I only have my best friend, boyfriend, etc...." I thought I was lonely, too, with just my dad. Then he died and I found out what loneliness was all about. It's much more than just having nobody to play with each and every day. Sorry if I'm offending anyone but it's not like I need to worry about losing friends on here since it appears that's not the reason most people come on here anyway.

Jana, people can be physically lonely by not having people around to connect with, however, Loneliness is really a state of mind. One could have all the friends and family in the world, but still feel that they don't connect or belong. I have a boyfriend that I live with, friends and a close family, but I still need and want to come here. It comforts me, I've made connections and friendships here that I don't want to let go of, even if they are "just online".

Don't dismiss the power of "just an online friendship". These friendships connect us through time and space and bring us together when we can't be together "in real life". I put these things in quotes because it is all a matter of perspective. People I have met here, and on other forums will remain life long friends.

I hope you are able to find what you are looking for here, it is a pretty great place.

It varies for the person itself. I guess the most common thing is that some/many of us feel/are lonely... Thus the name of the forum.

Just to vent. Well for me I just come here every once in a while to look around and write my thoughts down. Stuff that I would never tell anyone.

No you are not and people speak and make friendship on this forum and also we help each other to solution and answers to our problems

Some of us come here when we feel very lonely. There are times when being alone doesn't fully bother me but other times being alone crushes me. For me, the loneliness is because I'm perma-single. I have people to talk to at work or at volunteer groups occasionally or somewhere else, but I have no one close like a girlfriend or wife. So when I feel really down about being lonely, I show up here.

If we had a solution to loneliness, there would be just a single post in this forum. Or no post. Loneliness is like AIDS. You can't cure it, but keep fighting as much as you can. And what helps is, the support that people give. Probably, thats the purpose of this frum.

Oh drat I just saw this and PMed Jana. I am an orphan too. I have come to conclude being a young orphan is really very toxic and a different scenario. It isn't just that you don't have anyone for the holidays and such but then, you have to deal with the pity and everyone you do know asking about it. It makes you want to just get off the world but then, it isolates your friend making even more as you don't have "family" to do things and introduce you to others. If there is a friend making thread someone should point it out and start it. Perhaps by geography.

To troll☻ To vent, To feel less alone. To try and make friends.
To try and make sense of any problems or your feelings. Lots of reasons.

M_also_lonely said:
If we had a solution to loneliness, there would be just a single post in this forum. Or no post. Loneliness is like AIDS. You can't cure it, but keep fighting as much as you can. And what helps is, the support that people give. Probably, thats the purpose of this frum.

There is a solution, but most here simply want to feel better without actually doing anything.

Menorahman said:
M_also_lonely said:

There is a solution, but most here simply want to feel better without actually doing anything.

Could you elaborate?

Paraiyar said:
Menorahman said:
M_also_lonely said:

Could you elaborate?

All you have to do is build a wormhole that takes you to an alternate reality.

I like this forum because it gives me a chance to write down my thoughts regardless of anyone replying to them. Writing something down lets me forget about the problem for a whole, sometimes only a short while but enough to give my brain some time to rest.

I wouldn't say I'm here to make friends, I have friends in the real world that I truly love and have a wonderful sister but I'm a loner and that's just who I am, being around people really takes a tole on me.

HybridWarrior93 said:
This is no solution and there are no answer. If people had answers they wouldn't be here. Its the internet no one really wants to substitute it for real human interaction. (Usually no one) were all here because we share one thing loneliness. We all got issues if we didn't we wouldn't be on here. People are lonely or depressed or both. They want someone to listen often than not if there on a forum for loneliness its only makes sense that they have no one to talk to. No one really wants to hear someone complain about their life. They want it the other way around. You might be able to find someone willing to go 50/50 but remember its still the internet

I tend to think that the internet is shaped by The Flux. I call The Flux that ignorant force which wants all of us to live a mainstream life, striving for shallow objectives. Its basically the system.

And awful aspect of it is that we are all connected through screens. We all know that the most effective and real exchanges occur when we are face to face.

Yet an aspect of life is that we should use the system not to feed it. In this case, we use the internet and social media (god I hate it) for the objective of personal and growth, which secondarily leads to collective growth.

So ultimately this website is restricted/limited to venting. Its an escape valve, primarily. Why? Because we are in the Textosphere, the digital world. Just notice how we are in it. We are making ourselves known through digital inpressions - texts and smileys.

What we need to do, certainly, is find an environment where people talk about these things face to face.

However, I am not demeaning this site at all! Its helpful because we get to notice what I just explained, eventually motivating us to look for a real/physical chat group. Another positive point of this website is that we do, really, get some sort of consolation and help from it. Just knowing that other people are logged in too is very comforting. But you are right - we need to move on, whenever we can, to a physical discussion group. The hard part is finding one and putting yourself in one.

Latest posts

Back