Point of this forum?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackdot said:
Paraiyar said:
Menorahman said:
M_also_lonely said:
If we had a solution to loneliness, there would be just a single post in this forum. Or no post. Loneliness is like AIDS. You can't cure it, but keep fighting as much as you can. And what helps is, the support that people give. Probably, thats the purpose of this frum.

There is a solution, but most here simply want to feel better without actually doing anything.

Could you elaborate?

All you have to do is build a wormhole that takes you to an alternate reality.

You've just confirmed my suspicions : )

Lacrecia said:
Jana said:
Am I the only lonely person on this planet who wants to make friends with other lonely people??

Are you an angel?
No definitely not but I guess it's about practicalities...where you live, making contact with those in that area..maybe through this site you could create a meet up group in your area ..or maybe you could join or possibly create a small group based around your interests via Meetup.com it costs around £12.00 a month to create a group of up to 50 people but costs nothing to join one
But if you do opt to create a group Beware of the joiners ...people who are members of many other groups because they will quickly make for huge numbers , that will never actually attend your group and will cost you an increased fee.
David : )

I just thought that before dropping accusations, one should make sure that:
1- people really dont care. One shouldnt forget that there is something called PM. And if support does not show in public, it does not mean that it is not done in an anonymous way.
2- speaking of anonymous, when someone really wants to help others, they dont scream it on roofs. They do it to help, not to show off.
3- that people seem apathetic to others' sufferings does not mean that they REALLY are. What seems to be isn't necessary what really is and so on.

This said, I'm not attacking anyone here. I just thought some points should be clarified.

Sometimes I wonder, do you really need a reason to be here? Can't it just be to enjoy the company of those you enjoy or just discussing topics you have interest in?

Lacrecia said:
1- people really dont care. One shouldnt forget that there is something called PM. And if support does not show in public, it does not mean that it is not done in an anonymous way.
2- speaking of anonymous, when someone really wants to help others, they dont scream it on roofs. They do it to help, not to show off.
3- that people seem apathetic to others' sufferings does not mean that they REALLY are. What seems to be isn't necessary what really is and so on.

This said, I'm not attacking anyone here. I just thought some points should be clarified.

+1

ladyforsaken said:
Sometimes I wonder, do you really need a reason to be here? Can't it just be to enjoy the company of those you enjoy or just discussing topics you have interest in?

Lacrecia said:

+1
Yep no reason needed other than those
"just to enjoy the company of those you enjoy or just discussing topics
you have interest in" and maybe offering support or a point of view or useful info if it seems like the a good idea

Well you're not the only one who came to this forum looking for friends to reach out to. Do you wanna connect on Facebook or Skype cause that'd be cool with me.

Latest posts

Back