Private messages

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent out a few PMs. Everyone stops replying after one or two replies. Then I see them in other threads complaining about how no one PMs them

Albatross said:
I sent out a few PMs. Everyone stops replying after one or two replies. Then I see them in other threads complaining about how no one PMs them

Just because someone doesn't reply all the time, does not mean they are not open to receiving more PMs. Perhaps that particular conversation had just run it's course? I know that I will stop replying when I feel that there is nothing left to reply to.

A lot of people here also have very little free time, so it can take them a long time to reply and sometimes PMs get missed. I'm as guilty of that as anyone.

Cavey said:
I'm pretty sure you sent me one before I sent you one. You might still be waiting for the reply, but I'm sure you did :p

Then you somehow convinced me you were safe to talk to. And hey, no news is good news, huh? :p

Rosebolt said:
Cavey said:
I'm pretty sure you sent me one before I sent you one. You might still be waiting for the reply, but I'm sure you did :p

Then you somehow convinced me you were safe to talk to. And hey, no news is good news, huh? :p

Well, I've buggered my shoulder, so in this case, no news is bloody painful! I'm safe to talk to? I guess I am. I'm about as dangerous these days as a fluffy little kitten :)

I have shared pms with four well five if you count my pm to a scifi when some stalker type,freaked me out on the first day... Now no ones pming me of late. I must be scary as I am open to folks pming me. I reply within a day or two, maybe that's why. It is disheartening not to be included especially when you have a good kind heart and genuinely enjoy the correspondence. Bright Blessings ^.^

There are lots of people here that I'm sure enjoy talking to, but I simply don't have time to PM back and forth on a regular basis.
It's why I rarely initiate PMs. It's not that I'm not interested in talking to others here, it's just that I KNOW I don't always have time to reply in a timely manner and I don't wish to hurt anyone's feelings with my very late replies.

Albatross said:

Sometimes conversations have run their course after a couple exchanges. If conversations didn't eventually end sometime, then you would have so many going that you would have no time left to do anything except write.

Go for it, say hi. I don't think anyone here would be mean or write something negative back. I've been reading a lot on this forum and everyone is nice, helpful and very understanding. :)

I tried like I had said before, Sending out few PMs to people I don't talk to and results are fantastic, they are indeed quite friendly and helpful except a few, Some are still afraid of touch or hugs, and still don't want to extend hand for handshake, guess they are still stuck with their past afraid to move on but that is just my observation, could be wrong again. But over all It was good experience, very good. I'm glad I did that and I am looking forward to do it more often, thanks for advice Callie, it really helped.

I usually send out PM's if I feel like I have something in common with the person or if I feel like the person needs some cheering up. I've always been the type of person to let anyone in and I'll pretty much talk to anyone. If people don't reply back, I usually just tell myself well you did all you could have done. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, but there's times where I miss hearing from certain people and I usually message them asking them how they're doing and it goes in one or two ways, they usually continue to talk to me or they tell me they're no longer interested in talking to me anymore. I used to beat myself up about it but now I figure it's not me, it's just them. Send a few pm's out and see what happens. You might make a few friends along the way! :)

Rahvin said:
There's a lot of members here that i'd really love to talk to, but I'm apprehensive and/or shy about PM'ing them because they don't really know me, or I don't know what i'd even talk about. Anybody else find it hard to PM? I know of a few that do already.

feeling like a big goof right now
You know why

That moment when you pm back and forth with someone having a funny banter and the conversation dies the moment you tell them how old you are, even tho they're around the same age. fresia this honeysuckle man. Is being 25 THAT old? as if I wasn't depressed enough about it.

Raingirl said:
That moment when you pm back and forth with someone having a funny banter and the conversation dies the moment you tell them how old you are, even tho they're around the same age. fresia this honeysuckle man. Is being 25 THAT old? as if I wasn't depressed enough about it.

Huh? PM based on age, that's the weirdest thing I have ever heard. Communication is not based on age restriction, does it?

PenDragon said:
Raingirl said:

Huh? PM based on age, that's the weirdest thing I have ever heard. Communication is not based on age restriction, does it?

When you're looking for something specific, like a romantic interest, I guess it is.

It is hard for me to message someone for the first time. I have tried to be friendlier and I took the initiatives too. I sent PMs to few people here who seemed very friendly to me but It was disappointing to not to have any kind of response from them. I don’t know what the reasons were but it was unexpected, especially when I am a very shy person myself. That made me feel I am creepy or boring. May be I was not much friendly in my message as I should have been but they were the people who bumped me in different posts and they were not completely unfamiliar person to me. As for the responding to the PMs I get, I have always enjoyed doing that and I don’t ever find anyone boring or weird. I do have some good friends here and most of them are the people who sent me the first messages.

There are still many people here that I’d like to talk to and some of them seem welcoming too. This morning I tried sending a PM to someone here I have never talked to but I’d like to get to know them. I wrote a very friendly message but in the last minute, I changed my mind and I did not send the message. Lame, I know. The problem is that I don’t really know what to say to them and I am also afraid that they are not going to respond to me. Still, I think that those people are worth taking the risk. I hope I will be able to get over my terrible experience and try reaching out to them.

Raingirl said:
PenDragon said:
Raingirl said:

When you're looking for something specific, like a romantic interest, I guess it is.

Suppose that happens more than often. Matter of fact though, I exchanged PMs with somebody once who suddenly noticed that I was merely 22 years old and "too young" for some reason. But I found out it wasn't about romantic interest at all. It's the good ol' trench warfare between the young and old and the assumption both cannot connect with each other for some reason. Glad I could convince this one person of the opposite at least.

As far I know, it's all bullshit. I had conversations with people younger and also much older than me. It's always subjective, boils down to basic chemistry.

^ and the understanding of course, when you can't understand the things people are saying then you won't even have the conversation.

I admit that I'm particular about literacy. English is not my first language but I put enough effort into it. So when some people openly abuse their native language in grammar and style alike I have a hard time controlling the urge of plucking out my eyeballs.

Latest posts

Back