My Photographic Work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
couple shots while i was away camping this week

View attachment 9480

Man, that shot of the Milky Way is amazing! How did you photogragh that? What kind of camera and settings? Our new house has an even better view of the night sky, which is surprising considering our previous home was located in an official ‘Dark Sky’ area of the province. Trouble was, a lot of neighbours there had super bright outside lights, so you’d get a fair bit of light pollution.

Man, that shot of the Milky Way is amazing! How did you photogragh that? What kind of camera and settings? Our new house has an even better view of the night sky, which is surprising considering our previous home was located in an official ‘Dark Sky’ area of the province. Trouble was, a lot of neighbours there had super bright outside lights, so you’d get a fair bit of light pollution.
It’s just an average photo really. Just a single shot, unlike those multiple composite shots that look amazing. I’ve been using a Nikon d750 for a few years now. This shot was 25sec | F3.5 | iso3200. I only had my Tamron 28-300mm lens. Better with a wider one like 8,10 or 14mm. Take a look at this shot of a guy I follow and read the info. That’s what I mean by composite shot. Click on photo to access info. And I didn’t realise that pasting the link allows a slideshow. Cool.

Couple things; a) I hate to sound awful, but It wasn’t really a thread for others to share photos (I think there’s already a thread for that) but not a problem and b) are you not aware of how to attach photos?
I just click on the "attach photo" icon. The photo then uploads. It looks fine at first but then when I click "post", they become links instead of full photos. I don't know any other way to upload photos. How do you upload yours?

Also, my bad, I thought this thread was for photographic work in general. Didn't notice the "my" at the beginning.

Also, my bad, I thought this thread was for photographic work in general. Didn't notice the "my" at the beginning.
all fine, don't worry about it. just me showing off lo

I just click on the "attach photo" icon. The photo then uploads. It looks fine at first but then when I click "post", they become links instead of full photos. I don't know any other way to upload photos. How do you upload yours?
Ok, I click "attach files" underneath the writing area, then on that file you will see "insert". Click insert and you have two options, "thumbnail" or "full image". If you choose "full image" you will be able to resize the image how you wish, by dragging in the corners, which is what I do, but I didn't learn that until later, hence some of my earlier photos are so large (if you're viewing on a computer). Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back