Spontaneity...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unsigned

Oooh, it's a sunny old day outside my window...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who here hates it as much as I do?

I really, really need to be in a routine.
To know what's coming.
And when and for how long.
I despise "spur of the moment".

Hmmm, I like to be prepared, but I’m so bored of routine. I’m not adverse to spontaneity. It would liven up my life.
Yeah a lot of people are like that.
I like boring.
Means nothing bad is happening.
I don't get "bored" like other people.
A 3 hour walk is fine by me.

I like boring.
For me as well. Sponaneity always breeds breeds bad things. People following random impulses always destroy and hurt others. It's no coincidence that lack of impulse control is a typical symptom for several personality disorders.

Who here hates it as much as I do?

I really, really need to be in a routine.
To know what's coming.
And when and for how long.
I despise "spur of the moment".
I like a bit of both.

I am creature of habit for some things - I generally get up around the same time, have a coffee, shower, get ready for my day. I go to bed around the same time, give or take an hour or so. Day-to-day tasks are usually fairly routine.

That said, I also welcome spontaneity. I like to keep things open and I very much dislike being tied to something. Like say I made plans to meet a friend next Friday - next Friday comes along, and I simply don’t feel like going out that day. I want an exit strategy, a way to change my mind. It may disappoint the other person, but that’s simply how I work. I’m very much governed by my emotions on any given day.
I like boring.
A 3-hour walk seems spontaneous to me, especially if you’re mixing it up by taking a different route one day. I am rarely bored, I have lots of interests and am an introvert at heart. For the most part, I like being alone and inside my head, although not always - there’s times when I would gladly welcome a friend over for a chat.

Latest posts

Back