What was the last thing that you took a picture of?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apples.jpg

Got the apples on one side of the tree picked up today. Was hit by three of the falling ones in the process.
That was in the morning. Now you can't even tell that I cleaned up the apples.
How do you like them apples?
:p:LOL:

The second moss rose bloomed today.

I didn't think quickly enough to take a picture of the first. I thought I had time to wait until 5 or 6 at night, when the lighting would be better, but by then the flower had already closed up and was done.

I said that next time I would take a picture whenever I saw the flower, regardless of the lighting.
And luckily, I was given another chance.
I just got some pics of the moss rose. I'll have to put them up sometime.

Two pictures, a pair of Northern Cardinals. When I moved to Nova Scotia a year ago, I wanted to see cardinals and this is the first time I have seen them. We moved to our new dream property 2 days ago and I can’t express how insanely happy I am. My heart is just overflowing. Every time I go outside to admire our view, I am brought to tears - I simply can’t hold in my happiness.

4079AC76-6512-42DE-BF05-D48001058668.jpegC7695296-941A-4DD0-9124-CA6E9BFE3E0F.jpeg

IMG_9885.jpeg
My husband’s dog, “Fen” (he was supposed to be MY dog as I was completely alone after the sudden death of my Service Dog, but he bonded with my husband instead of me). A normally noisy and hyperactive little guy, he pulls open the door to his crate, quietly lays down and judges me until I feed him 😂

View attachment 9437
My husband’s dog, “Fen” (he was supposed to be MY dog as I was completely alone after the sudden death of my Service Dog, but he bonded with my husband instead of me). A normally noisy and hyperactive little guy, he pulls open the door to his crate, quietly lays down and judges me until I feed him 😂

He is very cute! Such soulful eyes.

What breed or mix is he?

My credit card company sent me an email wishing me a happy anniversary and saying that I deserve the best. So I took a screenshot of the email so I could cherish and remember the sentiment. It felt nice knowing that someone out there cares about me. That’s totally not sad at all.

MEVTXRL_o.jpg

"....On her return he asked her where she had been and what drew her from camp so much of the time. She would not answer any of his questions. Then the man became mad and tore the skin from her shoulders and saw that she was covered with scratches. He demanded that she tell him which man had abused her. Becoming frightened at the way her husband was acting, she told him that she had been charmed by a very big bear that lived in the big rock. The bear had no mate and had become infatuated with her while she was out gathering fruit. Fearing for the safety of the camp, she had submitted to the bear's embraces, which accounted for the scratches on her shoulders.

Then the warrior told his wife to lead him to the bear so he could kill it. When they found the bear the man had great fear because the bear was big, very big. The bear slapped the woman with his paw and changed her into a bear. The man ran to the camp to get the rest of the braves to help him kill the big bear.

They found the bear had crawled into a cave, leaving his hind feet in the door. The bear's feet were so big that nobody could get past them. They could not get close enough to the bear to kill him so they shot at his feet to make him come out. When the bear came out he was so big that all the warriors were scared and climbed up on a big rock.

These men were so scared that they prayed to the Great Spirit to save them. In answer to their prayers, the rock began to grow up out of the ground and when it stopped it was very high. The bear jumped at the men and on the fourth jump his claws were on the top. The Great Spirit had helped the men and now they had great courage and they shot the bear and killed him. When the bear fell backwards and pushed the big rock, the big rock leaned."

This legend was told to Dick Stone by Young-Bird, a Cheyenne,
whose home was on the Lame Deer Reservation. Samuel Weasel
Bear acted as an interpreter. Young-Bird said,

"This is a true story. It happened."
graphic.webp

Latest posts

Back