How to look good?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triple Bogey said:
BeyondShy said:
TheRealCallie said:
Yeah, see, I don't believe that you don't expect anything from it. From what you say here, you expect quite a lot.

I guess it doesn't matter what I say because there is always going to be someone ready, willing and able to make me feel two feet tall and stupid.

I do this for myself, being neat and clean. I don't expect anyone to say anything about it and I certainly do not expect some woman to notice it while I am failing with her once again. No, I won't talk to you. Now go away. By the way I like the cologne you have on.

I'll tell you what I do expect. I expect to be given a chance just like everyone else is. Men who probably are well-known women beaters for example would get more of a chance with some of them (DID YOU NOTICE I DID NOT SAY "ALL" THIS TIME?) then I would. I just want the opportunity to show I am a decent person to one of them because I am despite what you may think.

I understand what you mean. Men like us don't get a chance. We don't get opportunities. For whatever reason. I would love the opportunity to be nice to a woman, be caring, loving, be interested but no such luck. It isn't going to happen.

I think it's how men present themselves in public more than looks though. For instance, yesterday I was at a Magic the Gathering Tournament with my boyfriend, and yes, there were some stereotypes there. But these guys were in their elements, and it as a woman, I found it very attractive. It's just like when I go to a concert to watch some local people play. These are people I see at the grocery store, and pay no attention too, and then wow, they get attractive because they are in their element.

I'm not saying go be rock stars, but for example for you Triple Boogey, have you ever had ladies watch you take pictures? That is you in your element. If you share that aspect of you, I think you would be surprised how much more attractive and confident you are.

Nicolelt said:
Triple Bogey said:
BeyondShy said:
TheRealCallie said:
Yeah, see, I don't believe that you don't expect anything from it. From what you say here, you expect quite a lot.

I guess it doesn't matter what I say because there is always going to be someone ready, willing and able to make me feel two feet tall and stupid.

I do this for myself, being neat and clean. I don't expect anyone to say anything about it and I certainly do not expect some woman to notice it while I am failing with her once again. No, I won't talk to you. Now go away. By the way I like the cologne you have on.

I'll tell you what I do expect. I expect to be given a chance just like everyone else is. Men who probably are well-known women beaters for example would get more of a chance with some of them (DID YOU NOTICE I DID NOT SAY "ALL" THIS TIME?) then I would. I just want the opportunity to show I am a decent person to one of them because I am despite what you may think.

I understand what you mean. Men like us don't get a chance. We don't get opportunities. For whatever reason. I would love the opportunity to be nice to a woman, be caring, loving, be interested but no such luck. It isn't going to happen.

I think it's how men present themselves in public more than looks though. For instance, yesterday I was at a Magic the Gathering Tournament with my boyfriend, and yes, there were some stereotypes there. But these guys were in their elements, and it as a woman, I found it very attractive. It's just like when I go to a concert to watch some local people play. These are people I see at the grocery store, and pay no attention too, and then wow, they get attractive because they are in their element.

I'm not saying go be rock stars, but for example for you Triple Boogey, have you ever had ladies watch you take pictures? That is you in your element. If you share that aspect of you, I think you would be surprised how much more attractive and confident you are.

No, I don't think any woman would be interested in me wandering around taking photographs.

Where I live, the women are only interested in sitting in a pub getting pissed. I often think I live in the wrong area. I should live in the country. I can just tell when I go on these trips, the people are different, more friendly, less loud, more interested in quiet things like nature, walking, the countryside etc.

Triple Bogey said:
Where I live, the women are only interested in sitting in a pub getting pissed. I often think I live in the wrong area. I should live in the country. I can just tell when I go on these trips, the people are different, more friendly, less loud, more interested in quiet things like nature, walking, the countryside etc.

I ought to try this. :)

BeyondShy said:
Triple Bogey said:

I ought to try this. :)

And when I am in the country or the coast and I walk past somebody, they say 'hello' - people in big cities don't do that. I have got into conversations with people from these greetings as well !

Triple Bogey said:
Nicolelt said:
Triple Bogey said:
BeyondShy said:
TheRealCallie said:

No, I don't think any woman would be interested in me wandering around taking photographs.

Have you ever asked? Just a "Hey, I am going out to take some photographs, want to come?" Women have done much more boring things with men. And you could have her take some, and get them developed, and then bam! second date.

Nicolelt said:
Triple Bogey said:
Nicolelt said:
Triple Bogey said:
BeyondShy said:

Have you ever asked? Just a "Hey, I am going out to take some photographs, want to come?" Women have done much more boring things with men. And you could have her take some, and get them developed, and then bam! second date.

No, the only women I really see are those at work and none of them want to spend anytime with me. All I am to the customers is a 'guy behind the till' they don't really know me.

This woman I used to work with wants to 'meet up' next Tuesday but she's engaged to some other bloke. I'm not sure she will turn up either, she tends to back out of meetings. Another woman wanted to meet up and see some of my photographs but she just forgot about me and didn't bother to get in touch.

I don't like been negative but nothing good happens to me regarding women. They don't find me attractive. It's obvious. Doesn't matter how confident I appear, what I say, nothing works. Never has.

Triple Bogey said:
I don't like been negative but nothing good happens to me regarding women. They don't find me attractive. It's obvious. Doesn't matter how confident I appear, what I say, nothing works. Never has.

I can partly identify with this too. Nothing good happens to me regarding women either but I don't know if they find me attractive or not because I don't appear confident. But I've been over this already and it continues to bother me.

Triple Bogey said:

If you actually liked yourself--rather than saying you do here, when many of your posts show otherwise--it would show and women would notice. I really think this is the only thing holding you back.

Batman55 said:
Triple Bogey said:

If you actually liked yourself--rather than saying you do here, when many of your posts show otherwise--it would show and women would notice. I really think this is the only thing holding you back.

You don't know me, you've never met me so you aren't qualified to an opinion. Sorry and all that but clichéd remarks tend to be rather boring. I like myself very much.

BeyondShy said:
Triple Bogey said:

I can partly identify with this too. Nothing good happens to me regarding women either but I don't know if they find me attractive or not because I don't appear confident. But I've been over this already and it continues to bother me.

I've asked some women out in a really confident way. They still said 'no'

Obviously they don't like what they are seeing or hearing.

I was once messing about at work with this video camera. I was filming this lass in the canteen. She was just talking and then she started playing up to the camera.
I made a small video out of it. When I did, I could hear myself talking off camera to her. My voice, speech patterns, what I said, everything was plain awful. Add that to what I look like, facial expression, body language. That is what people see. That is what women see. It is shockingly horrible, believe me. I think I have already mentioned it. I made this small 'talking heads' video and invited people on this other forum to view it and give honest opinions. My very best friends on there, people who liked me said I was 'average looking' but I should smile more. Others said I looked like a creep. More than one said I looked like a 'serial killer' - It was horrible reading these remarks but people were been honest.

So you see that's why I find it hard to meet women. If I did another video for people on here, you would all know within a few seconds what I am talking about.

Triple Bogey said:
My very best friends on there, people who liked me said I was 'average looking' but I should smile more. Others said I looked like a creep. More than one said I looked like a 'serial killer' - It was horrible reading these remarks but people were been honest.
Doesn't mean they are 'right', though. Everyone has a different opinion on looks. There is no 'correct' opinion on that matter.

And it's especially concerning that anyone can say you look like a "serial killer" or "creep". Those are not things you can really 'look like'.
Usually what people mean by those sort of things is that they didn't like the way your hair was, or didn't like the way you dressed. Sometimes they are just ridiculous remarks, though. You can literally say those same things about anyone if the circumstances are right. So they don't really mean anything.

And I'm only pointing this out because I've noticed you've mentioned this quite a lot on here. Maybe it's your way of justifying why you can't find a partner (which is not really something that needs to be justified, it just happens), maybe it's just a tool you're using to relate to other people who also think they're ugly, or maybe it's true you're letting these things eat you up and you're just not acknowledging it because you really don't want to.
I can't say what it is because I really don't know you, but I really like your posts and your advice and I, I don't know... You shouldn't listen to people like that. You really shouldn't. Maybe you can listen to your friends, and I'm sure you might have asked them for advice, but I hope you do realize that your appearance does not really dictate how 'everyone' sees you, just how 'some people' see you. Like I said, everyone has a different opinion on looks.

Latest posts

Back