Favorite Quotes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.” ~ Will Rogers

“If you wait by the stream long enough, eventually you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.” Minette Walters from her book “The Shape of Snakes”. Okay, it’s from a book, but I love the quote.

“If you wait by the stream long enough, eventually you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.” Minette Walters from her book “The Shape of Snakes”. Okay, it’s from a book, but I love the quote.
I thought that was Sun Tzu.

I see they don't really know where it is from, with it showing up several places including with Confucius so it is even older than Sun Tzu.

I thought that was Sun Tzu.

I see they don't really know where it is from, with it showing up several places including with Confucius so it is even older than Sun Tzu.
Now that you say that a) I quoted it without checking the exact words and b) there actually was a reference to “some Chinese guy” having said it.

Now that you say that a) I quoted it without checking the exact words and b) there actually was a reference to “some Chinese guy” having said it.
Being a translation of unknown origin, the exact wording probably isn't possible unless you mean as in the book and I have seen it attributed to a "Japanese guy" also, though who knows if that has any validity.

Whatever, it is a great quote, whoever came up with it.

People seem good while they are oppressed, but they only wish to become oppressors in their turn: life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim.

Bertrand Russell

by their deeds a hero or a savior gains access to more than average from the female stock so they are just disguised embezzlers

Is victim and criminal the only choice? What about saviour or hero?
You are what you do. Not sure why you would tarnish someone’s willingness to do right to allude that they are disingenuous.

^ I understand the quote and I see where it might seem that way at times, but generally I tend to agree with these.

We're sentient beings. We can choose a higher way of our own free will.

Latest posts

Back