Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aelfie

Reaction score
I always valued solitude but I'm going through a difficult period of isolation and loneliness where friends have dropped off after my life changed dramatically. I'm trying to get used to living with chronic illnesses which are making it impossible to go out and make friends (which isn't necessarily easy by itself, is it?) or even work right now. I've joined hoping to feel a little less alone.

I'm in my mid-30s and do count myself fortunate to have a partner. I like reading, nature, true crime. Writing has been keeping me sane mostly.

You like true crime? Well don't get caught, cause you may experience a little more solitude than you are now. Id focus more on the nature and reading, especially writing too.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forums :)

Welcome to ALL, Aelfie.

I like true crime and mysterious documentaries (like the paranormal stuff), but I have to be in the mood for it, and never at night... bc, I live alone and get creeped out too easily. 😱

Welcome to ALL, Aelfie.

I like true crime and mysterious documentaries (like the paranormal stuff), but I have to be in the mood for it, and never at night... bc, I live alone and get creeped out too easily. 😱
Thanks. Yes, I understand the mood thing. Although I'm more of a sceptic I enjoy watching the paranormal stuff, too. Would love to do one of those ghost hunts and see if I change my mind... 👀

Nice to meet you!

Hey, welcome to ALL.
I always seem to be watching true crime or paranormal shows/movies/documentaries. When I was younger I would always go to the local "haunted" sites. And there are a few houses in my family that are haunted.

Welcome to the forum. I enjoy listening to true crime podcasts as I ride my bike or go for a walk. Also the Old Time Radio Mystery Theatre from the 70’s, which is a little corny at times, but still enjoyable. I struggle with loneliness to often. I use distractors a lot, but there are times they’re not available and I get pretty down. Hope you find some solace here.

Welcome to the forum. I enjoy listening to true crime podcasts as I ride my bike or go for a walk. Also the Old Time Radio Mystery Theatre from the 70’s, which is a little corny at times, but still enjoyable. I struggle with loneliness to often. I use distractors a lot, but there are times they’re not available and I get pretty down. Hope you find some solace here.
Thank you. It's helpful to know I'm not alone in feeling alone. But of course, I wish nobody felt this way. Sorry that you get down too.

I love the sound of Old Time Radio Mystery Theatre by the way...

Latest posts

Back