what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Touch of Larceny 1960 colorized (link to film at archive.org) A former naval war hero (James Mason) fakes his defection to the Soviet Union in a crazy scheme to make money by later suing the newspapers for libeling him. He needs the money to impress the sophisticated American woman (Vera Miles) with whom he has fallen in love. But things do not go quite according to plan.

1.jpg GMz7nOfXAAAULh1.jpg

The Trollenberg Terror 1958 colorised classic (link to film at archive.org) (U.S. title: The Crawling Eye; also known as Creatures from Another World) is a British science fiction horror film produced by Robert S. Baker and Monty Berman and directed by Quentin Lawrence. The film stars Forrest Tucker, Laurence Payne, Janet Munro, and Jennifer Jayne. I had to giggle a bit at the clothing that the mountain climbers wore.

1.jpg 2.jpg
4.jpg 5.jpg
6.jpg 3.jpg

Target Earth 1954 colorised (link to film at archive.org) A few random people (Kathleen Crowley, Richard Denning, Virginia Grey, Richard Reeves) wake up in Chicago only to discover the city abandoned. They find that the city is under attack by an army of alien robots. Meanwhile, a general (Arthur Space) and a scientist (Whit Bissell) attempt to find some way to fight back.

1.jpg 3.jpg

MEU6RYU_o.jpg

The Cat and the Canary (1927)

"Relatives of an eccentric millionaire gather in his spooky mansion on the 20th anniversary of his death for the reading of his will." IMDB

Cat-and-the-Canary-The-1927-028-Forrest-Stanley-Laura-La-Plante-Creighton-Hale-and-Tully-Marsha.jpg

Forrest Stanley, Laura La Plante, Creighton Hale and Tully Marshall

Cat-and-the-Canary-The-1927-029-Arthur-Edmund-Carewe-Gertrude-Astor-Flora-Finch-Forrest-Stanley-Laur.jpg

Arthur Edmund Carewe, Gertrude Astor, Flora Finch, Forrest Stanley, Laura La Plante, Creighton Hale, Martha Mattox, Tully Marshall

MEU6RZK_o.jpg

You can see why Gertrude Astor was usually taller than her leading men.

Wagons East (1994) John Candy’s last movie he made. Canadian Bacon came out later but was filmed prior, and wasn’t as good as Wagons East which had some good laughs.

It was like the newest version of "The Grudge" and look they need to fuckin bury that ***** and stop touching that property. The first English version was 🫰🏻 chef's kiss 'n honeysuckle. Scared the hell out of me when I way young. This newest movie was so hard to watch. A normal scary movie sort of slowly builds up to the creep stuff and then you get the murders and what not. Noo. This one was, here's a character talking to someone and BOOM next scene they get got by the ghost. Next scene is some dude baking a casserole and then.. they dead and it just goes off on this insane frequency of constant ghost murders. It was so difficult to keep up with!

Haywire (2011) Good cast. I don't mind admitting I'm a Gina Carano fan. And I hope she smashes Disney into the ground with her lawsuit.

View attachment 9270 View attachment 9271

I'm Team no one in this scenario. Disney irks me, but I can't root for an antivaxxer and election denier.
Back on topic, here's the last film I watched.

Udo Kier's played a lot of villains and over-the-top characters, so I enjoyed seeing him give a subdued performance.

Latest posts

Back