Every relationship is worse than the last

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Case said:
Menorahman said:
Most everyone is selfish and inconsiderate.

I have the opposite opinion. Almost everyone has the capacity for doing great things, kind things, and if given the chance almost everyone will offer genuine help. When disasters strike, everyone becomes part of the solution. Only a minority seeks to take advantage of the situation.

Then again, maybe it's just my outlook. I see everyone as good, deep down inside. They may not show it all the time, but they still have it in them.

I also believe that positivity attracts positive people and negativity attracts negative people. I am a positive person, so kinder, more outwardly considerate people are my friends.

+1

Menorahman said:
This has been my experience with people:

Most everyone is selfish and inconsiderate. They will use you if you let them, and then become angry if you stop giving or ask for anything. Even if what you are asking for takes 0 effort, the person will refuse because it gives them power. It is even worse with women, because they are consistently worshipped by men and society and desired no matter what they do.

At this point I'm fairly certain I could fill a book with examples of people in my life being shitty.

The saddest thing is, people will respect you more and be more willing to give to you if you DON'T give to them at all. Then you are seen as elusive / strong / valuable.

It is for these reasons, and many more, that I hate humanity.

So wait, you're talking about people being a doormat and then you're saying that it's sad that people respect you more when you are NOT a doormat?

Maybe that's not what you intended to say, but that's what I took away from it.

Also, sorry, but I've never been worshipped. lol

I have to agree with Case's post too. There may be bad people out there, but even those bad people have good in them too. You'll never get anywhere if you don't give people a chance, if you always have a negative outlook, if you go into it thinking you will fail.

Latest posts

Back