Names of books

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Wow, he really got around!

Man's Search for Meaning -- Victor Frankl
Account of his time in a Nazi concentration camp. He concludes one of three things give a person's life meaning:
1. Doing deeds or creating a work (sense of accomplishment).
2. Sensory pleasures like art, nature, good food, etc.
3. Finding a purpose for our suffering.

Whenever I find myself questioning the meaning of life, I always remember him.

^^A couple classes referenced him quite a bit, but I am drawing a blank.

The Basic Kafka

Claims to be the "most comprehensive collection of the works of Kafka ever published in one volume".

^^ I've never read any Kafka

The DaVinci Code - Dan Brown

Read this back when I had some brain going on : ) Can't remember the storyline in novels anymore (sleep deprivation is a killer).

The Stranger Beside Me - Ann Rule

I first ran across Ann Rule in Usenet (the precursor to Internet forums) in the True Crime newsgroup. She thanked me for some story and said that she was writing a book on the event the story covered. It seemed at the time that quite a number of people were telling me that they were writing a book, so I didn't think it meant anything.

I found out later that she was a published author. That is probably why I first read a book of hers. Initially I found her writing to be a little annoying in style and in some word use, but by the time I had finished the book, I must have changed my mind, because I read most of her books as they came out.

'The Stranger Beside Me' is about her time working in a crisis center manning the phones and her friendship with a coworker, a psychology student who was thinking of a career in law and politics. The co-worker was Ted Bundy who would become infamous a few years later.

^^ Wow!!! Very cool : )

Second Child -- John Saul

I used to love this guy when I was younger. He wrote scary stories and Second Child was the first book I read. After that, I read them all : )

Latest posts

Back