Names of books

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Wow, he really got around!

Man's Search for Meaning -- Victor Frankl
Account of his time in a Nazi concentration camp. He concludes one of three things give a person's life meaning:
1. Doing deeds or creating a work (sense of accomplishment).
2. Sensory pleasures like art, nature, good food, etc.
3. Finding a purpose for our suffering.

Whenever I find myself questioning the meaning of life, I always remember him.

^^A couple classes referenced him quite a bit, but I am drawing a blank.

The Basic Kafka

Claims to be the "most comprehensive collection of the works of Kafka ever published in one volume".

^^ I've never read any Kafka

The DaVinci Code - Dan Brown

Read this back when I had some brain going on : ) Can't remember the storyline in novels anymore (sleep deprivation is a killer).

The Stranger Beside Me - Ann Rule

I first ran across Ann Rule in Usenet (the precursor to Internet forums) in the True Crime newsgroup. She thanked me for some story and said that she was writing a book on the event the story covered. It seemed at the time that quite a number of people were telling me that they were writing a book, so I didn't think it meant anything.

I found out later that she was a published author. That is probably why I first read a book of hers. Initially I found her writing to be a little annoying in style and in some word use, but by the time I had finished the book, I must have changed my mind, because I read most of her books as they came out.

'The Stranger Beside Me' is about her time working in a crisis center manning the phones and her friendship with a coworker, a psychology student who was thinking of a career in law and politics. The co-worker was Ted Bundy who would become infamous a few years later.

^^ Wow!!! Very cool : )

Second Child -- John Saul

I used to love this guy when I was younger. He wrote scary stories and Second Child was the first book I read. After that, I read them all : )

^^Sounds great :)

MEWMJ72_o.jpg

Bill Graham Presents My Life Inside Rock and Roll

From Germany and the Holocaust to his helicopter crash west of Vallejo, California,
the story of Bill Graham, impresario and rock concert promoter.
Much of it quotes from the musicians that he spent most of his life working with.

^^Sounds like a good read. I don't remember him.

Reader's Digest 99¢ Solutions (1,465 smart and thrifty uses for everyday items).
Just got this book at the bargain outlet. Lots of interesting ideas, like making a temporary clothesline with a bungee cord : )

Latest posts

Back